• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
1 1

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Happy Bird Day all. Last year, I was off to Lisbon and then London from JFK. This year, seemingly forever on I-81. Two consecutive Turkey Days sans turkey. I have a “rain check” for later. 

Where a outs are you now? On I-81? 

Edited by Zebo

23 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Where a outs are you now? On I-81? 

In Harrisburg until morning, but yah, kinda, given that I-81 wraps around Harrisburg on the north and west. In the opposite direction, I-81 splits off I-78 toward NYC up at Fort Indiantown Gap. I’m on a new heart Med, so I probably may have to stop near Bristol or Knoxville, and roll in the next day. The new Med kicks my stamina all to heck.

Edited by VKurtB

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Not spending it with my extended family as usual, just wife and I. Thought I might be a little sad today, but no, I'm as happy as can be. Don't have to clean up the house and cook or anything. She is happy as well. Going to open up a $3200 bottle of whiskey that I intended to sell, swirl a few shots, and pet my dog. Hope every one of you keeps smiling all day!

Greetings from the road at a rest stop on I-81 in Virginia, fetid hellhole of a state that it is. /KIDDING (or AM I?) Traffic is light, but the few drivers who are out here are NUTS. Lemme outta this state!

On 11/26/2020 at 4:29 PM, VKurtB said:

Greetings from the road at a rest stop on I-81 in Virginia, fetid hellhole of a state that it is. /KIDDING (or AM I?) Traffic is light, but the few drivers who are out here are NUTS. Lemme outta this state!

Always delighted to here from you wherever you are but travel of any kind outside of an emergency is discouraged.  Enjoy the light traffic while you can. (The annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was only one block long and I seriously doubt a celebration in Times Square for the New Year will be permitted.)  Be safe.