• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping to NGC

6 posts in this topic

I'm shipping several coins in for grading USPS registered mail. I was wondering if it's safe to put just "NGC" as the receiver name? What do you guys put when mailing yours in? 

Also, will the postal office provide the brown paper tape required for registered mail? 

Any info will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

You are fine using NGC as opposed to writing out the full name Numismatic Guarantee Company, note that you still need to fill out the full address.  I have found that the postal service is all over the place when it comes to supplying the tape.  Per the USPS they will not supply the paper tape you must supply it yourself, in practice I have heard of some postal stations that will/have supplied tape to some customers.  But I would suggest that rather than taking that chance you should get a roll of the proper paper tape and have the package ready to go when you arrive at your postal location.

For what its worth I have found that using FedEx 2 day saver rate coupled with an external private insurance provider (I use Ship and Insure) is faster, more cost effective, and you don't have to mess with the paper tape issue.  Something you can consider looking into for future shipments.

NGC works just fine, they just received one of my packages the other day labeled as such.

I've never used "brown paper tape" when mailing anything registered mail. I use a "glass tape" (fibrous) and I also have colored security tape I picked up at a auction. A biggie is to ensure you tape along all edges so prying fingers can't get too nosy.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:35 AM, johnnyn773 said:

Thank you all for the info. I also advise you to seek help from - this will guarantee you excellent results for your college writing papers and save you time. Happy holidays and be safe! 

I would not worry about name on address.

Edited by adamscotthi