• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Kennedy half

16 posts in this topic

Am I special?  This coin seems like it is straight out of Eva Adams's collection.  Any advice on this coin, "possibly being an ultra secret sms non releasedcoin that never happened, would truly be a huge help to me.  Thank all of you for stopping to help a fellow coin loving stranger.

20201124_090430.jpg

20201123_131840.jpg

20201123_144227.jpg

It's a common, bag marked 1964 half.

The phony "SMS" nonsense has clearly gotten out of hand if neophyte collectors are jumping at it.

1 hour ago, RWB said:

The phony "SMS" nonsense has clearly gotten out of hand if neophyte collectors are jumping at it.

Im gonna have to check my goodie jar when I get home. I think I may have a couple of those. Got the seraphim and everything. 

5 hours ago, Justin Henslee said:

The coin was found in a box with over a hundred 1965-7 loose sms Kennedy half dollars it was the only 64 in the mix

What, pray tell, makes you think the 1965-1967 ones are even SMS coins at all? They’re not all, in fact the vast majority are not.

Of all 1965 Kennedy halves, only 3.58% are SMS.

In 1966 that falls to 2.08%

In 1967, it’s 0.63%

So I repeat, how do you know the 1965-1967’s are SMS themselves?

Edited by VKurtB

3 hours ago, RWB said:

Oh it’s LONG BEEN out of hand. I believe I am detecting the distinctive whiff of a YouTube inspired mania. Most of the really weird stuff out there turns out to be that. To me, if I see on YouTube that the sun rises in the east, I’m gonna hafta be out there my own self the next morning to confirm it.

20 hours ago, RWB said:

Internet Derangement Syndrome. IDS.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Moxie15 said:

I respectfully disagree...

Too many marks and tics and that reed hit near the ear is not very nice at all. Just a common coin in a common grade to my eye

no, I disagree even the worst grade '64 half dollar is worth a few bucks to the right buyer.......

2 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

no, I disagree even the worst grade '64 half dollar is worth a few bucks to the right buyer.......

You are correct as it is silver. Just because it's well circulated, you can always sell silver. I'm sure he just meant it is a common circulated silver Kennedy.