• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is about to get interesting..
1 1

147 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Not really.  Modwriter has a total of 20 coins, only three of which are headed for the auction block.  A complete collection does not necessarily qualify as a Great Collection.  I don't know what specific coins Modwriter has collected or whether they reside in a Set Registry but he is apparently honest and humble enough to suggest he instinctively knows what he's got, if complete, does not constitute greatness. What would make it Great?  Only he knows for sure.  I wish him the best on his lots.  It is never easy to let a collection laboriously compiled over time go -- and many members never do -- but it is an eventuality we all acknowledge and face, one way or the other.

I hit a hard spot in late October. Totally unprepared. I thought well I got my collection. Wrong. The 5 D's for selling a collection DEATH, DEBT, DISEASE, DIVORCE, DISABILITY. I got hit hard by debt and divorce. It takes a long time to liquidate a collection than I thought. The local coin shop here in Temecula gave me only $210 for much of my collection including my silver. It cost me well over $1,000 for those coins. Don't know what the three quarters will sell for at auction. The 17 sent back to me, plus a 54 Quarter and 44 mercury dime are all I have left from my certified coins.

14 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

You make a hellofa salesman!  lol

Accounts receivables. Anything over 45 days gets a personal visit from me. I'm in the pay now or get hurt business. Sales people...they are my best customer.

40 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

I hit a hard spot in late October. Totally unprepared. I thought well I got my collection. Wrong. The 5 D's for selling a collection DEATH, DEBT, DISEASE, DIVORCE, DISABILITY. I got hit hard by debt and divorce. It takes a long time to liquidate a collection than I thought....

Sorry to hear that.  Places like Pawn Stars make out just fine because they are located in places where time is at a premium when you're out gambling and lose your shirt.  I hope you make a spectacular comeback in 2021.  My best to you!

33 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Sorry to hear that.  Places like Pawn Stars make out just fine because they are located in places where time is at a premium when you're out gambling and lose your shirt.  I hope you make a spectacular comeback in 2021.  My best to you!

Thank you Quintus. I hope to continue sending coins in for grading in 2021. I love that feeling of sending my coins into TPG's for grading. The anxiety of the process. Competition of my grading vs theirs. I have learned so much in such a short time since last May.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Mike

2 hours ago, Modwriter said:

Don't have the time for linking. I'm busy. Go to the Great Collections website and look for them.

your kidding right?! The whole state is practically locked down , unless you are doing the locking......

What date quarters were those Modwriter. I tried to look them up. They had so many to go thru it was almost impossible to find. I tried punching the numbers in but it wouldn't let me do it like that. I may be able to narrow em down by the date and mint mark.  I was gonna try to bid on them and help you out. I've been planning on expanding my collection on quarters. I got a whole set of 2019 w ms 65. I need one more coin to have a set of 66. I finally got to buy the expensive one in the set today. The dreaded Memorial Park. My son got me the Lowell for Christmas. I just need the Frank Church. But I'm gonna start on the earlier quarters and try to make sets in different grades from the beginning to date. Im going to try to win yours to put in my collection. If I do and you get back on your feet and ever want them back then you will know where they are. If you don't ill keep em in my collection. If the bid doesn't get run up where I cant afford them. 

Edited by Hoghead515

50 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

What date quarters were those Modwriter. I tried to look them up. They had so many to go thru it was almost impossible to find. I tried punching the numbers in but it wouldn't let me do it like that. I may be able to narrow em down by the date and mint mark.  I was gonna try to bid on them and help you out. I've been planning on expanding my collection on quarters. I got a whole set of 2019 w ms 65. I need one more coin to have a set of 66. I finally got to buy the expensive one in the set today. The dreaded Memorial Park. My son got me the Lowell for Christmas. I just need the Frank Church. But I'm gonna start on the earlier quarters and try to make sets in different grades from the beginning to date. Im going to try to win yours to put in my collection. If I do and you get back on your feet and ever want them back then you will know where they are. If you don't ill keep em in my collection. If the bid doesn't get run up where I cant afford them. 

Yes, they are not live at auction yet.Unsearcable still and no photos yet.

927958-2019 D ATB FRANK CHURCH NP PCGS MS65

927959-2019 W ATB FRANK CHURCH NP PCGS MS64

927960-2020 W ATB WEIR FARM V75 PRIVY EARLY RELEASES NGC MS 67

They should go live I'm hoping after 5pm tomorrow. Will let you know.

Thank you,

Mike

6 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Here's the link to my coins at great collections

https://www.greatcollections.com/Sell/Current

27 days.

My other collections are at my eBay store. Heard58

Thanks, Mike

Your GC link takes me to a page with no coins. Your ebay page just takes me to ebays home page. Lol Try again Mike! :smile:

14 minutes ago, Lancek said:

Use "Advanced" search, very small print to the right of the big "Search" button.  Scroll down to "Sellers" and click the "Only show items from" box.

Where I dont have a computer mine don't have that. I just got the Ebay app for my android phone. It may be on there somewhere but I'm no good with technology. Cant find it. 

5 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

That just took me to homepage. I can't get it to let me search for sellers

That link takes you to Mike's selling items. If you want to search a seller. Go to ebay home page. Right next to the search button is an "advanced" button. Click that, scroll down to the bottom where it says "sellers", click the "only show items from" box. Type in seller ID in the box, hit search. 

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active perhaps? This linking stuff is giving me a headache. It might be a tumor. 😎lol this is like teaching kids that ride the short bus.

I'll see what is going on at GC and post each auction individually. I'm sure you can search by the auction numbers now. 927958, 927959,927960.

source.gif

Here is a link to the 2019-D Frank Curch ATB MS 65 at GC. GO TO THE U.S. COIN AUCTIONS BUTTON ON THE TOP  FAR LEFT ($1to $250)>QUARTER DOLLARS>ATB QUARTERS> KEYWORD AUCTION NUMERS.

GC.https://www.greatcollections.com/search.php?fromyear=2019&toyear=2020&grade_range_1=1&grade_range_2=70&ungraded=0&ungraded=1&grading_service[]=PCGS&fromprice=&toprice=&mode=product&sort=&series=0&q=927958&denomination[]=11&listing_type=1&frombid=0&tobid=500

THANKS, Mike

5 hours ago, rocket23 said:

3 hour time difference took it’s toll. I went nighty night. Lol. But Thanks. Money sent. 

I dropped it in the mail this morning. Tuesday, December 15th. Let me know when you get it. I interested to see how long it takes to get to you across country. Thanks and have a great day.

5 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

My dog gone ebay app dont have an advanced search button. Was gonna try to sign in over the internet but I can't remember my password. I stay signed in all the time  on my ebay app. 

Remember to use incorrect as your password, so if you forget, you will get a password reminder that says your password is incorrect.

1 hour ago, Modwriter said:

Remember to use incorrect as your password, so if you forget, you will get a password reminder that says your password is incorrect.

What kind of coins u got left on there and ill try find u that way

1 hour ago, Modwriter said:

I dropped it in the mail this morning. Tuesday, December 15th. Let me know when you get it. I interested to see how long it takes to get to you across country. Thanks and have a great day.

I’d say a week. But without tracking. It may get thrown in the slow guys truck. Lol 😂 

25 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I’d say a week. But without tracking. It may get thrown in the slow guys truck. Lol 😂 

Od fashioned mail. It goes from here to San Bernardino then out from there. My mailman is the best. The community outgoing mail was just about full today. Today is the last day for regular mail to get there in time before Christmas.