• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is about to get interesting..
1 1

147 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, scopru said:

Congratulations I suppose.   What coins and what auction site?  

Cents, dimes, quarters. Great Collections. I am tired of the TPGS  and the whole grading process. Did not send any of my silver. Depends on what happens at auction.

3 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Cents, dimes, quarters. Great Collections. I am tired of the TPGS  and the whole grading process. Did not send any of my silver. Depends on what happens at auction.

Hopefully everything brings in good money for you 

You are "tired" ot the TPGs?  Without an NGC or ATS grade you cannot get a CAC sticker.  Without a CAC sticker you are just losing money.

I personally have been, in the past,  against the NGC and PCGS TPGs because I was happy with ANACS & before that ANA.  However, now they are a necessary evil.

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

You are "tired" ot the TPGs?  Without an NGC or ATS grade you cannot get a CAC sticker.  Without a CAC sticker you are just losing money.

I personally have been, in the past,  against the NGC and PCGS TPGs because I was happy with ANACS & before that ANA.  However, now they are a necessary evil.

Yes, necessary evil like engineers. I'm burnt out. I may or may not keep my silver collection. Not a hobby anymore for me. Too much of "is this a double die or is this an error" , counterfeiting, using a microscope, CAC decal, etc. I'm trying my hardest to be polite here and not swear like a sailor and tear some of these old "numistmatics" a new one. They cant handle the truth. Nobody is on the wall protecting the hobby.

24 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

C’mon, Mod, we all know what’s really up. You’re selling off some stuff to add to your Single Malt Scotch Whisky stash, right? :roflmao:

My Jameson stash. lol I had a Ketel One Vodka shot a few days ago that was excellent and a smooth tequila that went down like water that I didn't catch the name of.

3 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

My Jameson stash. lol I had a Ketel One Vodka shot a few days ago that was excellent and a smooth tequila that went down like water that I didn't catch the name of.

Just as well. “I don’t often drink whiskeys, but when I do, it’s usually Kentucky bourbon.” Even good Scotch gives me hiccups. I’ve never learned to sip it correctly. 

Edited by VKurtB

23 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Jack Daniels for this backwoods Pennsylvania boy.

:banana:

My Alabama home is 42 miles from the Jack Daniels distillery, by car. Shorter as the crow flies, but I don’t have any carrier crows. Between Gentleman Jack and Buffalo Trace bourbon, I’m in hog heaven. I still haven’t finished off the James E. Pepper 1776 100 proof rye whiskey I won at the ANA banquet silent auction a few years back.

Edited by VKurtB

1 hour ago, Dimeman said:

It's hard to beat Wild Turkey for a smooth going down kicka$$ drink! Just say'in.

I agree. im a beer man but if im gonna drink whisky its Turkey 101. Makes me gobble. 

Edited by Hoghead515

5 minutes ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

Are these the MS64-65 clad quarters you mentioned back when first joining the forums?  Are they live yet?

Yes, clads including a couple of Ws I don't think they're live yet. It is going to take time to photograph 20 coins. I just got the received email yesterday.

12 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Yes, clads including a couple of Ws I don't think they're live yet. It is going to take time to photograph 20 coins. I just got the received email yesterday.

What. No 66’s and up? I’m out. I think you’re going to achieve huge disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

I have 66s, 67s 68s, PR, Cams in the mix.

For proofs, I only care about 70’s and some 69’s. For “circ versions”, it’s 66 and up, depending on the year. For W quarters, and non-proof S quarters, it’s also 66 and up.

Edited by VKurtB

19 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

For proofs, I only care about 70’s and some 69’s. For “circ versions”, it’s 66 and up, depending on the year. For W quarters, and non-proof S quarters, it’s also 66 and up.

I finally got me a whole set of the 2019 w quarters in ms 65. Im working on a set of ms 66s. I got 2 of them so far. I don't make a whole lot of money so it takes time for me to get one. I live in a very rural area where there isn't no really good jobs. But anyways I got a couple of the 2020's in ms 65. It gonna take me some time but I'm eventually gonna have a few full sets. I may try to sell a kidney and get me a set of ms 67's if its not pickled to bad from all the Wild Turkey and Budweisers from my younger days 😜 

11 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I finally got me a whole set of the 2019 w quarters in ms 65. Im working on a set of ms 66s. I got 2 of them so far. I don't make a whole lot of money so it takes time for me to get one. I live in a very rural area where there isn't no really good jobs. But anyways I got a couple of the 2020's in ms 65. It gonna take me some time but I'm eventually gonna have a few full sets. I may try to sell a kidney and get me a set of ms 67's if its not pickled to bad from all the Wild Turkey and Budweisers from my younger days 😜 

67’s are tough to justify anywhere. Some designs are even tougher than the rest. 

1 minute ago, VKurtB said:

67’s are tough to justify anywhere. Some designs are even tougher than the rest. 

I noticed that in the smaller grades also. The "San Antonio Missions" was very easy to come by at a cheaper price. The "Frank Church" was one of the more expensive ones and harder to find at a good deal. I ended up winning one in an Ebay auction at a fairly decent price. 

Patience is harder to preach when two separate things are threatening to “take you to room temperature”, but I press on, and take the drugs, and wear the mask, and get the jab the instant they say I can. I am waiting for the 2020 W’s to “calm down some”.

Edited by VKurtB

Is it worth getting clad coins graded out of uncirculated mint sets. I got a 2019 d Kennedy half ,still in the packaging, that looks amazing. It looks like a proof. Its not got a spot on it. I got several more uncirculated sets from previous years but none have the eye appeal like this one does.