• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1957 D

28 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, millertime19 said:

No, this is all new to me 

Follow the link below to the Variety Vista website. If you find what looks like a match for your coin, you can click on that picture, and get more pictures of different areas of the coin, with any die chips, cracks, and polishing marks that you can use to identify your particular coin.

1957D RPM page link

5 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I don't appreciate being called a fool, but what is your point?

[That comment was not directed to you, personally, but to everyone at large. Unfortunately, comments made in jest do not translate well on screen. We can all see the mint mark.  If any doubling is there, it is not apparent. The helpful link provided ought to resolve the matter very nicely.]

15 hours ago, Just Bob said:

You didn't answer my question.

Pretty sure there is no point, as usual. It's in the spirit of the thread - a nothing question answered by a nothing answer. "Like in kind." Does not the "same old, same old" get under your skin a little? And if not, why not?

Edited by VKurtB

54 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Yes I guess it would be asking/expecting too much of you that you just grow up and act like an adult.

Yes seeing and answering the same questions over and over can get a little dull and boring, but everyone was new at some time and asking questions is one way of learning.  Most of the time those of us who do respond to these questions also provide a link to the resource so that in the future the newbie can refer to the resource first.  Granted that does not always work, and its easy to figure out the ones that are not here to learn and simply dismiss those threads.  However sarcastic and but hurt replies only turn new people away and in the end do not help the hobby, even I have been guilty of this a time or two.

As a newbie I sincerely appreciate this. If you ever wonder if there is any point in answering these dumb questions, I can say there is. Not always, but some of us truly appreciate it. 

Isn’t it ironic that the same people that say “the chat board is a dumb place to seek knowledge” and “it’s dumb to listen to anything on the internet” are the same ones that will berate newbies for not listening to those with 39494027385 years of numismatic experience when they question them? 

44 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

As a newbie I sincerely appreciate this. If you ever wonder if there is any point in answering these dumb questions, I can say there is. Not always, but some of us truly appreciate it. 

Isn’t it ironic that the same people that say “the chat board is a dumb place to seek knowledge” and “it’s dumb to listen to anything on the internet” are the same ones that will berate newbies for not listening to those with 39494027385 years of numismatic experience when they question them? 

I don’t find it ironic at all. What I find ironic is the lack of the use of libraries. 

On 11/25/2020 at 3:37 PM, VKurtB said:

I don’t find it ironic at all. What I find ironic is the lack of the use of libraries. 

or google for that matter, in defense of the'' written word '' so to speak ,not the bible!, In these archaic times we live in some levity is just what the doctor ordered, sadly it's always not cut an dry reading between the lines.........and some replies are misunderstood.......I'll shut up now, my serious mode is about to click off.....

On 11/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Just Bob said:

You didn't answer my question.

OK Coinbuf. I'll answer you without bucking for a timeout. No, I'm not bucking for a timeout today. How is that? But I double dog dare you to report me. lol fool

On 11/24/2020 at 8:18 PM, Modwriter said:

Lol just block me Coinbuf. That cent is worth exactly one cent. One of my nicknames is Uncle Buck.

If you’re going to use the word “exactly” you should use it correctly. While the difference in value is insignificant to most, wheat cents routinely trade for more than one cent.

2 hours ago, Modwriter said:

OK Coinbuf. I'll answer you without bucking for a timeout. No, I'm not bucking for a timeout today. How is that? But I double dog dare you to report me. lol fool

I am not Coinbuf. I am Bob. You just "double dog dared" the wrong person. Go back and re-read this thread. I asked you what your point was in pointing out that this coin was minted in Denver. You still have not answered that question.

13 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

If you’re going to use the word “exactly” you should use it correctly. While the difference in value is insignificant to most, wheat cents routinely trade for more than one cent.

I will try to not use the word exactly anymore Mark. lol

Mike

11 hours ago, Just Bob said:

I am not Coinbuf. I am Bob. You just "double dog dared" the wrong person. Go back and re-read this thread. I asked you what your point was in pointing out that this coin was minted in Denver. You still have not answered that question.

Really can't remember Bob. A lot of bottles of JD since that post. Don't have time to re-read today. Was it minted in Denver? lol My apologies to everyone.

Mike