• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020(P) Eagle Emergency Production Values?

8 posts in this topic

I see where some of the 2020 Silver Eagle values are starting to show up here in the price guide.  This question is for everybody and all.  After seeing how the 2020-P Emergency Production version started selling when released and now on the secondary market, where do you think this will be valued at here in the price guide when initially listed?  To keep it from getting too complicated, just the basic MS69 & MS70 Emergency Production standard label versions before any additional varieties that were offered?  

4 hours ago, Coin Soldier said:

no more than a regular 69 or 70. It was all a marketing gimmick with a fancy word on the label. thats it. Philadelphia makes eagles every year when demand gets too high for West Point to handle. 

I’m thinking higher. At least from what I have seen. 

3 hours ago, Coin Soldier said:

no more than a regular 69 or 70. It was all a marketing gimmick with a fancy word on the label. thats it. Philadelphia makes eagles every year when demand gets too high for West Point to handle. 

It was but I'm sure there will still be some type of difference in value on here between the 2020-P and 2020-W as there was with the 2015-P.  No where near as high and probably minor as they were only 79,640 then vs. 240,000 this year.  The US Mint updated the production totals on their website with December included and it shows the 2020 total for the ASE at 30,089,500 so there's a difference between the P and W.  NGC will give the P a different value vs. the W as just they do for the First Day of Issue and Early Releases. 

At any rate, I'm not a collector of ASE.  Just curious after seeing what they sold for on eBay and HSN .  While the new reverse coming later in 2021 doesn't impress me, I wish the obverse was changing too.  Such an tired look already.  Should have left it in the past on the Walking half dollar  

2 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

I’m thinking higher. At least from what I have seen. 

Same here I agree.  I don't collect or hold any ASE.  I collect the old stuff and only started following the ASE this year when there was all the hype.  Saw an infomercial over the summer and one night I couldn't sleep and came across a sales pitch on HSN for the 2020-P.  It was then I learned about the 2015-P so curiosity has me paying attention.  I see them in coin ads and on Ebay at inconsistent  prices and with the overall high ASE volume produced in total, I just want to see where the 2020-P is eventually priced.