• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint Mark On 1921 Morgan Dollar

14 posts in this topic

I have a 1921 Morgan Dollar, It has a D mint mark on the reverse side, however it is under the W in the motto at the top of the coin.  Is this common?  I can't find any information on it.

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 5.56.00 PM.png

2 hours ago, JDMakk said:

I have a 1921 Morgan Dollar, It has a D mint mark on the reverse side, however it is under the W in the motto at the top of the coin.  Is this common?  I can't find any information on it.

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 5.56.00 PM.png

If it has a D where the mint mark belongs, then it’s a mint mark. Otherwise, it’s a random mark that resembles a D. Mint marks don’t migrate any more than coconuts in Monty Python movies.

4 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Mint marks don’t migrate any more than coconuts in Monty Python movies.

But...shrubberies migrate.... Just ask Gladys and the other Knights of Nee.

30 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

You’re a lumberjack? Are you okay?

It's an old Monty Python comedy sing a long. I'm a lumberjack, yes I am, work all day and sleep all night. Then by the end of the sing along they are all gay lumberjacks. lol

33 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

Not gay, transvestites, possibly transsexuals, not the same thing.

I haven't heard I'm a lumberjack in years. Thanks. I once took a date to see that Monty Python movie where the customer in restaurant starts barfing. I had to get her out of there, but I was cracking up.

On 11/22/2020 at 5:39 PM, Modwriter said:

Yes it is😎☘I'm a lumberjack yes I am!

You’re a lumberjack? Are you okay?

55 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

A timeless classic. Kinda like this newbie board when I've had a little too much ol no7. I did read that corrosion thread. I say I'm a lumberjack that wears a dress and heels and the Mounties turn on me. lol