Is CoinTalk.com a scam?
9 9

251 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Vess1 said:

Mods there are a joke.        

Just so we are clear here, I am not a moderator, never will be. My username is derived from modified, as in automobile. But hey, what about those shiny 2020 and 2021 coins showing up in pocket change? 

If you didn't mention specific political personalities and it was just a focus on numbers via economics or finance....I think the punishment was too harsh.  I would contact one of the Mods and say you were making a straight-economic argument regarding your point.

The 2021 Morgan thread will still be there....you can spruce it up when you get back. xD  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, GoldFinger1969 said:

If you didn't mention specific political personalities and it was just a focus on numbers via economics or finance....I think the punishment was too harsh.  I would contact one of the Mods and say you were making a straight-economic argument regarding your point.

The 2021 Morgan thread will still be there....you can spruce it up when you get back. xD  (thumbsu

Don’t waste your time. There ARE NO MODERATORS over at CT who know the difference between economics and politics, or between their butts and a hole in the ground, for that matter. They define words in their own convenient way to CREATE violations of their rules. You can’t win. They are always “right”.

I have been posting on "Cointalk" for a couple of years, and have found it most enjoyable. It is great to be able to give an honest opinion about Third Party Graders and not get banned for doing so. The site is strong on giving appreciation to those who try to help other collectors. 

I have no idea what the OP poster did to get banned so quickly. There are a couple jerks on the "Cointalk." I have put them on "ignore" and the problem is solved. I don't even know they are there most of the time. 

4 minutes ago, James Zyskowski said:

Wow I really am a newbie 😎!Things to do today. 1. Learn about this thing called Coin Talk 😂. So much to learn 🤓

I would put it way down the priority list. There's nothing special about any particular coin forum. This thread pulsated, quivered, and morphed into bizarro world. I can see where a new collector would assume from the sheer length that it couldn't possibly all be based in irrelevancy, but it is. Go there and see it for yourself if you like, or don't bother if you have anything more productive to do today (which would be most things).

1 hour ago, JKK said:

I would put it way down the priority list. There's nothing special about any particular coin forum. This thread pulsated, quivered, and morphed into bizarro world. I can see where a new collector would assume from the sheer length that it couldn't possibly all be based in irrelevancy, but it is. Go there and see it for yourself if you like, or don't bother if you have anything more productive to do today (which would be most things).

thanks I won’t rush it 

1 hour ago, James Zyskowski said:

thanks I won’t rush it 

If you have a burning desire to see a coin forum run by egomaniacs who believe they can do no wrong and need to answer to no one, go there immediately. Otherwise, you're just fine right here.

7 hours ago, James Zyskowski said:

Wow I really am a newbie 😎!Things to do today. 1. Learn about this thing called Coin Talk 😂. So much to learn 🤓

I regularly participate on CT and collectors universe (PCGS) as well as here.  Each has its pluses and minuses.  IMO, you should definitely spend some time on all 3 getting to know the type of information that is being posted.  Also, IMO, you really need to determine if they are providing the information that is helping you to learn about the hobby.

Every site has it's blowhards, and know-it-alls.  You also have people who will only post negative comments about the other sites because they have an axe to grind (you can figure out who, by reading through this thread).  There is no rule that says you can't be an active participant on other sites, so spend some time at all of them. 

I try to avoid saying negative things about other sites.  IMO, we are all capable of figuring out their merits and shortcomings without kibitzing from the peanut gallery

4 hours ago, Oldhoopster said:

I regularly participate on CT and collectors universe (PCGS) as well as here.  Each has its pluses and minuses.  IMO, you should definitely spend some time on all 3 getting to know the type of information that is being posted.  Also, IMO, you really need to determine if they are providing the information that is helping you to learn about the hobby.

Every site has it's blowhards, and know-it-alls.  You also have people who will only post negative comments about the other sites because they have an axe to grind (you can figure out who, by reading through this thread).  There is no rule that says you can't be an active participant on other sites, so spend some time at all of them. 

I try to avoid saying negative things about other sites.  IMO, we are all capable of figuring out their merits and shortcomings without kibitzing from the peanut gallery

Thank you  I have always thought that an assortment of thoughts can only help and I agree if you can’t figure out poop from shine-ola keep researching 🤓