• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CoinTalk.com a scam?
3 3

453 posts in this topic

On 1/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I do not do anything at CoinTalk.  I spend most of my time at PCGS, some time here, and I lurk at CAC (never signed up).  I like the idea of MyCollect, but it has not manifested in the way it was intended.  I have nothing against any coin chat site.  It's the contributors that either make it or ruin it IMO. 

You see, we have something in common! No, not an affinity for half-cents. Rather, not doing anything at CoinTalk! The secret of my success is simple: I have a blemish-free record there because I have never spoken up. Never, not once!  My resignation here was prompted in large part by the harsh though completely accurate criticism lodged by members of substance like you. Tho I may be gone, I allow 🐓 to speak for me in my absence. Due to a drought in my series, I do not have a coin to submit so, right now, I am merely a dues-paying entity with a proxy voice. It is my fervent desire that all the members who fled return to this Forum to restore it to its former glory and legendary greatness.  (thumbsu

On 1/9/2024 at 5:32 PM, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I do not do anything at CoinTalk.  I spend most of my time at PCGS, some time here, and I lurk at CAC (never signed up).  I like the idea of MyCollect, but it has not manifested in the way it was intended.  I have nothing against any coin chat site.  It's the contributors that either make it or ruin it IMO. 

I find that every site has different strengths.  Ditto the CAC Forum.

For me, this is probably the best place because of the volume of information I have here on the RWB Saint-Gaudens Book Thread.  Many of you have contributed valuable posts there, including of course Roger.  It's irreplaceable, which is why I have saved it on my own PC every 5 pages or so. xD

Good stuff elsewhere, especially from the veterans with decades of experience on grading standards, MS vs. AU, Friction vs. Rub vs. Wear vs. Cabinet Friction etc.....and other similar debates.  Though I have no interest in Franklin Halfs, that Franklin Gradeflation Thread at CU was great.

Edited by GoldFinger1969

On 1/9/2024 at 9:31 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

I find that every site has different strengths.  Ditto the CAC Forum.

For me, this is probably the best place because of the volume of information I have here on the RWB Saint-Gaudens Book Thread.  Many of you have contributed valuable posts there, including of course Roger.  It's irreplaceable, which is why I have saved it on my own PC every 5 pages or so. xD

Good stuff elsewhere, especially from the veterans with decades of experience on grading standards, MS vs. AU, Friction vs. Rub vs. Wear vs. Cabinet Friction etc.....and other similar debates.  Though I have no interest in Franklin Halfs, that Franklin Gradeflation Thread at CU was great.

I briefly had a subscription to the latest iteration of the CDN newsletter. There was a separate printed price guide for CAC coins.  CAC gets premium prices and it will likely always do so.