• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CoinTalk.com a scam?
3 3

453 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

I'm getting tired of CT members... I've been a member over there for about 5-6 months and all I ever get is harassed by this member by the name of Cpm9ball... He sits there on his butt all day and never positively contributes. Since I've joined I've never once seen him post anything about coins that was helpful. He is always so critical of everybody and he picks on me... A 75 year old man picking on a 16 year old?!?! How pathetic is that? Yes, I admit, I have my slip-ups here and there but he harasses me over and over again... I report him to the mods and they just tell him to calm down! The only reason they don't ban him is because he's a senior member... Straighten up CT mods... grow a pair and do your job, it doesn't matter if they're your best friend! He's is cyber-bullying me and I've had enough of it!

You are not being honest. You and your 16 year old attitude got in your way. You have insulted Chris, other members, the mods and the owner of that site. Now you are here and still taking shots at CT and those that tried to help you with honest information. 

Chris does not have an email address that will work on this site. This started with the software changes here a few years back. Chris and Dena are old friends and she tried to help. Chris does not have a way to create a new email address that will work on this site. 

2 hours ago, ldhair said:

You are not being honest. You and your 16 year old attitude got in your way. You have insulted Chris, other members, the mods and the owner of that site. Now you are here and still taking shots at CT and those that tried to help you with honest information. 

Chris does not have an email address that will work on this site. This started with the software changes here a few years back. Chris and Dena are old friends and she tried to help. Chris does not have a way to create a new email address that will work on this site. 

While I’m no admirer of CT err, umm, management(?), Chris has always been a good guy, and when I read the complainer was 16, I intuitively knew what the true issue was. Another “wet behind the ears” kid refusing to learn. 

5 hours ago, ldhair said:

No... I have tried to get along with him in the past... all he does is sit there and pick on me... I've already admitted I made my mistakes but his are inexcusable... Any time I post something he finds a way to make a bigger problem than it needs to be... His bullcrap is annoying and if you don't see it, that's your problem... you're defending a cyber-bully and that's not okay

Cyber-bully. Another term we never had to deal with. I just don't understand how a person can be bullied over the internet.  It's just too easy to go to another page instead of sitting there reading something that you feel abused by. People have a choice of what they look at and/or what they listen to. Move on if you don't feel you have the strength to read something without it mentally affecting you!!

14 hours ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

No... I have tried to get along with him in the past... all he does is sit there and pick on me... I've already admitted I made my mistakes but his are inexcusable... Any time I post something he finds a way to make a bigger problem than it needs to be... His bullcrap is annoying and if you don't see it, that's your problem... you're defending a cyber-bully and that's not okay

Can you cite specific instances where you've been attacked ?

Stick to coins, contribute, ask good questions.  It doesn't matter if you are 16 or 86, we'll applaud good back-and-forth.

19 hours ago, UrbanDecay4 said:

I would bet that your opinion would change if you were to meet Chris face to face. You would be friends in short order. I have watched him and several members in this very thread, help thousands of others for almost 20 years. These are the people you want to learn from. If you push them, they will push back. If you insult them it's going to be a tough road. 

Hope you put that happy face on and keep posting on both sites. Enjoy what's fun to you. 

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Every once in a while there is an interesting thread there.

Yes there is but for the new comers I'd say:  You have to learn to pick and choose.  I scan the TOPICS that are listed and if anything interests me I'll open and see.  The same for ATS. If I don't find anything interesting then I'm gone.

If you go looking for an argument sooner or later you will find it.

59 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Yes there is but for the new comers I'd say:  You have to learn to pick and choose.  I scan the TOPICS that are listed and if anything interests me I'll open and see.  The same for ATS. If I don't find anything interesting then I'm gone.

Don't know about anyone else, but for me the Ignore User function is how I remind myself that at one point, I decided that a certain poster was not worth my time to engage. It's the easiest way the technology offers.

Either they were a male_generative_organ to someone for no good reason, or I decided they were insufficiently_intellectual, or they posted so many debris posts I didn't want to encourage them, or committed some other act of gross insensitivity. So someone will post a 30-line para; Ignored, life's too short, you can't be bothered to be readable, I can't be bothered to shovel literary debris. Someone gets snippy with a well-intentioned regular telling them what they don't want to hear? Ignored; I don't come here to take that from people I try to help. Someone nags because they didn't get an answer in ten minutes tops? Ignored; don't need nagging.

My board life becomes much simpler thereby. Basically, I let most of you assume the best of people and test them out to see how they act. You can now throw stuff at me. When I see a junk post, I figure 'Stang or JustBob or some other eternally kind person will deal with them. Or not, and not is okay too. If they don't, eventually, Kurt will do Kurt, and we'll find out that way too.

3 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Isn’t that an old Monty Python bit?

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Isn’t that an old Monty Python bit?

I don't know.  I may have heard it somewhere and it stuck.  How are things in the Land of Champions?  Roll Tide!

38 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

I don't know.  I may have heard it somewhere and it stuck.  How are things in the Land of Champions?  Roll Tide!

After 70 degrees on Wednesday, it’s mid-30’s today. No accumulated snow so far. None at all. 

1 minute ago, rocket23 said:

beats harrisburg........

I’m hoping to escape parts of summer, beginning with the ANA show in Rosemont. 

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

70 degrees on Wednesday,

10 this morning here in Downtown Lock Haven and looking for another 10 tomorrow.  One day of 70 would be so nice.  Glad you found Paradise.

22 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

10 this morning here in Downtown Lock Haven and looking for another 10 tomorrow.  One day of 70 would be so nice.  Glad you found Paradise.

I drive a set of twins overnight to keep me in coin,so to speak.....3 inches of snow covered  rte 78 from the toll to 81.......3 hours to travel 70 miles......anywhere else is paradise....

2 hours ago, rocket23 said:

waiting for a few  shows myself all regional thou......nothing huge ...might be worth the effort to go abroad elsewhere.

If you’re into world coins, and SOME U.S. coins, there is a nice show every two months in the Bloomsbury neighborhood of London, a short walk from many transportation hubs. I’m sending in a Cameo PL 1967 Kennedy from  a gorgeous SMS I picked up in Bloomsbury in December ‘19. The nickel is also cameo, and the dime might be.

5 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

yeah; I meant east coast not across the pond east coast.

Okay, but I’m going back as soon as I am allowed. 

I've been a member there for a very short time, and i literally contribute nothing, but I've found some very warm, expertly knowledged, and more than eager to help, people on CT.

The site is down right now. I found this topic by searching "what's wrong with cointalk.com". I'm not here to defend, I'm too new for that, but I've been impressed by how welcoming the long time members are, and how passionate everyone is. I've only been "collecting" for about 13 months now, and i strictly only collect what i find in circulation, so my contributions are limited, but i feel totally embraced. I get feedback every day, good or bad. And good or bad, it's appreciated. 

I'll take this site for a spin, but i look forward to my interactions there. In a very short period of time, i feel I've developed a decent rapport with many members. 

Maybe it was a bad day that week, or the sun rose in the east instead of the west, but in my opinion, if there were heavy moderation, i would have been banned probably, by my third day, as has been the practice of most public message boards I've belonged to. 

Thanks for the thread. I checked your site. Unless you were trolling, or being nasty, i think you'd be a welcomed edition to CT.