• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Requesting a new type of custom set

4 posts in this topic

I'm sure that this is way down on the list of priorities but it would be nice to be able to add ANACS graded coins to the custom sets.  There are a number of great coins still in the older small white and even photo cert style holders out in the marketplace and it would be awesome to be able to add these to custom sets.  I understand the issue of verification for competitive sets but as custom sets are all about display with no competitive value I don't see the problem with allowing them into custom sets.  And on the subject of expanding the custom sets maybe having a raw sub section of custom sets would be awesome.  Maybe a bit to much at this time but hey it never hurts to ask. (thumbsu

Again I get that custom sets are a low priority given the impending ANA registry launch but maybe expanding the custom sets area as the registry is changed and moves to the new platform will reach out to a bigger audience for NGC. 

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

I'm sure that this is way down on the list of priorities but it would be nice to be able to add ANACS graded coins to the custom sets.  There are a number of great coins still in the older small white and even photo cert style holders out in the marketplace and it would be awesome to be able to add these to custom sets.  I understand the issue of verification for competitive sets but as custom sets are all about display with no competitive value I don't see the problem with allowing them into custom sets.  And on the subject of expanding the custom sets maybe having a raw sub section of custom sets would be awesome.  Maybe a bit to much at this time but hey it never hurts to ask. (thumbsu

Again I get that custom sets are a low priority given the impending ANA registry launch but maybe expanding the custom sets area as the registry is changed and moves to the new platform will reach out to a bigger audience for NGC. 

Hello, Coinbuf.

Thanks for your interest. That functionality already exists. When you add a coin, you choose GRADED BY: Other Grading Company in the drop down menu and then type in the name of the grading company:

image.png

Hi Ali, yes I'm aware that these can be added to your inventory; however these are not displayed in the custom sets when viewed.  Please see the notification that is included when you open/edit your custom set.

"Note: Only NGC, NCS, PCGS and Want status coins will be visible to others in the set listing, gallery, and slideshow tabs"

So I can add these coins but they are hidden from view when anyone opens the set, even myself.  I can only see these coins when I edit the set.

Edited by Coinbuf