• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Olympic Coin Sets
1 1

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Inmatejr said:

Does NGC have a Registry set that includes all Olympic coins?

One for US coins only?  One for all Olympic coins?  All years.

Mike Inman

Hello, Mike.

Yes, we have a Multi-Country category and an Olympic Coinage sub-category. Thanks for asking.

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/multiple-countries/multi-country-incl.-euro/

Edited by Ali E.

What about colorized coins? I mean, specifically, colorized silver 2008 Beijing Olympic coins? Ex: 2008 S10Y Great Wall (colorized proof PF69UCAM). Would a colorized NGC graded coin "fit" in a slot for a regular proof coin?  Thanks in advance. (See example)2077567411_Screenshot_20201230-2207412.thumb.png.68ac98b27034f4635ba68a04cded57f7.png

• Administrator
On 12/31/2020 at 1:11 AM, Tom Carr said:

What about colorized coins? I mean, specifically, colorized silver 2008 Beijing Olympic coins? Ex: 2008 S10Y Great Wall (colorized proof PF69UCAM). Would a colorized NGC graded coin "fit" in a slot for a regular proof coin?  Thanks in advance. (See example)

Hello, Tom.

We will send directions to the email address we have on file for you. Thank you.

Thanks so much for you help!  I received the instructions.  I think I asked before doing any other investigation. My research shows that all the Chinese Beijing Olympics S10 Yuan coins were colorized.

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Tom Carr said:

Thanks so much for you help!  I received the instructions.  I think I asked before doing any other investigation. My research shows that all the Chinese Beijing Olympics S10 Yuan coins were colorized.

Hi, Tom. It is our pleasure. Once you attempt to add your coin to the "regular" slot, then your coin goes in the admin. queue for review. Then the member of the registry team will do the necessary research and make any necessary updates to registry slots at that time. Thanks!

Good afternoon Alie, 

I have a Question about the 2000 Olympic Set. As you know I have all 16 Coins in the Slots and currently in the #2 Position.  In just a few days I should be getting back my 2000, 1 Kilo Olympic Coin that is the largest in that set but it does not have a Slot for it. 
I sent it Over night mail Express Certified , then when it’s back that’s when I will need help putting Into this Olympic Set if we can or make a Spoy for just like they did fir the Paralympics coin that’s making my set #2 

, it seems a Slot was created for it. 

I also have that exact same coin but have not tried to put it in. If I can then I’ll get it Certified as well. 

so any help would great.  

this way I’m not messing things up as you told me I was not going it correctly. 
that I do understand now. 
I was just not following the game plan you have set on putting coins in slots that do not exist. 

thank you, George Blatsos. 

you so helpful when it comes to getting it correct 

This where I found out how the process works. It’s one of the best post I’ve seen to date. 

Hi, Tom. It is our pleasure. Once you attempt to add your coin to the "regular" slot, then your coin goes in the admin. queue for review. Then the member of the registry team will do the necessary research and make any necessary updates to registry slots at that time. Thanks!

So The one that Tom asked about and you reply’s to brought me up to speed and date as to how it all works. Best post. I’ve seen. 

Just now, Blaster said:

This where I found out how the process works. It’s one of the best post I’ve seen to date. 

So The one that Tom asked about and you reply’s to brought me up to speed and date as to how it all works. Best post. I’ve seen. 

Thanks Tom