• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does it mean when you are "blocked?"

5 posts in this topic

I tried to reply to a thread I STARTED and Was "Blocked."   Does that a member has blocked you or the NGC forum has?

Edited by Insider

:roflmao:

I think I just figured out the answer.  It means that a particular member is no longer interested in my opinion and has "left the field."  Checkmate!

It can also mean that something in my reply was blocked by the software.

Edited by Insider

The member you were replying to has put you on "Ignore." You can still reply to other posts. You can also copy the member's text, paste it into a new post and go from there.

There shouldn't be any reason why replying to a thread that YOU started would be blocked.  My only thought is user error or some content that the machinations were not happy about - maybe try again?

A person blocking you does not forbid you from posting in threads - trust me, I'd know.  I have you on ignore, and I still have to see your threads - and often put myself through the self-inflicted-pain of expanding your replies in threads that I own.

2 hours ago, brg5658 said:

There shouldn't be any reason why replying to a thread that YOU started would be blocked.  My only thought is user error or some content that the machinations were not happy about - maybe try again?

A person blocking you does not forbid you from posting in threads - trust me, I'd know.  I have you on ignore, and I still have to see your threads - and often put myself through the self-inflicted-pain of expanding your replies in threads that I own.

Shucks.  He will miss the blue image I just posted.