• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on what to put down to send coin for inspection

3 posts in this topic

I have purchased a 1961 Franklin 50c proof graded by NGC at PF 67. It was advertised to have slight DDR on HALF and E Pluribus unum. I can see it with my microscope but don’t know what to put down on all the paperwork to send off. Any help would be very appreciated. The red book has it valued at $3000. But I’m questioning/doubting  my self on what to do and praying I didn’t throw away $305. What would y’all do?

73B41619-F8E4-4C0C-AAF5-7651824D0A7F.png

Save your money and see if you can get a refund for the coin, you do not have the money DDR coin.  This is what the money coin doubling looks like, the doubling is much more pronounced and to the north east (up and right as you view the coin).  What you have looks like strike doubling, or what is referred to as machine doubling.

61 half ddr.jpg

I agree

Seems like the seller is making up a variety that is not there. What you have is just a regular Proof with some Machine Doubling that adds no extra value. If it was true DD, why does it not say so on the description on the holder.

Sending it in again would be a waste of money as it would come back with the same attribution.

Edited by Greenstang