• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pride of two nations coin crack

9 posts in this topic

I bought the pride of two nations set directly from the US mint. I have never opened the capsules. Both coins were flawless and beautiful when I last looked at them about a month ago. I got them out of my safe yesterday and as I turned the coin at different angles this linear feature on the coin became apparent and it's most definitely on the coin. It almost looks like a scratch! Has anyone else reported this happening?! I have never removed the coin from the capsules and they stay in a locked safe. Die crack error maybe? Thanks for your input!IMG_20201023_205822.thumb.jpg.569300c9ff4c9e4c04714a32506bc181.jpgIMG_20201023_205736.thumb.jpg.f8e9bd1d07db9762c81651099501df08.jpg

2 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Have to ask, but does anyone else have access to the safe?  

Not a bad question. No sir. My 4 year old daughter and wife are the only ones that know where its located but does not know the combination to it. 

I'm leaning towards it being a scratch as opposed to a crack. That is not the location you would normally find a crack and also there would be more than just this one out there. I'm sure that someone else would have noticed it by now and questioned it.