• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000-P Sacagawea “Wounded Eagle”
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Still new to coin collecting and found out my bank keeps rolls of gold dollars,I found this one a few days ago. Just wondering if its worth getting graded, if so, what kind of grade may I be looking at and what kind of price value. Sorry about the pictures, thats about as good as it gets with my phone. Thank youimage.thumb.jpg.e7ea3a843640721cba93456b4bd4bc4d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.bac0d3fb9fdaf67fd5346b57beea3ab6.jpg

image.jpg

NGC price guide lists a MS 63 (the lowest grade they have listed with a price) at $300, but Ebay sales indicate that circulated examples, which yours appears to be, sell in the $100-$150 price range. I think you would be better off selling it raw with good pictures. I would guess the grade as AU55.

3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

NGC price guide lists a MS 63 (the lowest grade they have listed with a price) at $300, but Ebay sales indicate that circulated examples, which yours appears to be, sell in the $100-$150 price range. I think you would be better off selling it raw with good pictures. I would guess the grade as AU55.

Thank you for the response. I've done a little research on it and found that most people will just sell them upgraded. 

The Sacagawea series were not gold. They were made from a Manganese-Brass alloy. That aside, it does appear that you have a Speared Eagle variety. Judging from what I can make out in the photo focusing on the reverse, I note many of the eagles breast feathers are worn but overall looking at both sides of the coin, I would venture to give it a grade of AU 58. I put it at $125-$150 in marketplace value.

On 6/6/2023 at 6:46 AM, J P M said:

But you are, Welcome back TJ

Thanks JPM!  Where you been?  :bigsmile: