• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 D Roosevelt Reverse of 1968?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Looking through a bag full of pocket change this morning and figured I’d start looking at, and learning more about other coins, other than Lincoln’s...... (trying to broaden my horizons.....😁). Obviously, anything with a bit older date on it draws my attention more than newer stuff but not to say there’s not valuable newer coins too. Looked up this year and mint and saw that there are a few die variations. I know the condition of this coin is not stellar but if it is a reverse of a 68’ then it would be cool just to own one. The torch flame has definitely seen some use over the years but I believe you can still discern the deeper grooves “higher relief” of the flame that are associated with the 1968 reverse die. Just looking for some confirmation and your thoughts as I am completely new to dimes. Thanks!!

43F8901C-19F2-4A38-A622-6FA33B2C7762.jpeg

F0A19AA4-3698-4B1B-9B15-6FBEAC4007F1.jpeg

3D89F0B7-462D-4F82-A910-D5117B5B0313.jpeg

1 hour ago, Greenstang said:

Nice find for just starting into dimes. A 68 reverse with a 70 obverse. Your pictures show the detail well.

Thank you! Not monetarily worth much due to its poor condition but nevertheless a really neat find for just reaching into a bag of change. Beginners luck I suppose 😁.  I’m about to post another pretty good find (a Linc) from this same bag of change I just went through. I believe this 83’ Lincoln I’m about to post is a DDR but not the 801 variety, dang. Can’t find much more than it may possibly be an 802???  I’ll post it soon. Thanks Greenstang.