• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Get Ready for the 2020 NGC Registry Awards!
2 2

66 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, scopru said:

HAHA don't hear many folks say this anymore.  When I was in the Corps it was heard almost daily.

I say a good many things most people have never heard or not recently. It's called getting old. Face it, guys, the world is changing. The people who were the first to take formal computer programming courses are now retiring. Also all the people who ever faced military conscription. People born AFTER 2000 are VOTING. (Not all the news is good.) But somehow any coin made after 1964 "doesn't count"???? Come on, mannnn.

Edited by VKurtB

I was on a radio call-in show this week with what passes for a "space geek" in the Space-X era. I mentioned that I had watched absolutely every minute of the coverage of all the Apollo moonwalks, and it was like he found "Yoda". I am now an oracle, I suppose. He was too young to even be around for the beginning of the Shuttle.

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

One possibility: 

International Collectible Fair
Maubeuge, Hauts-de-France, France

Negative. Not a one. But I appreciate the tip. All Points Bulletins and Be On the Look Out's, all for naught past year.

On 11/19/2020 at 4:15 PM, scopru said:

HAHA don't hear many folks say this anymore.  When I was in the Corps it was heard almost daily.

I was in 78-82 and never heard it, but did hear a bucketful of other colorful terms. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, educated by the Sisters of Notre Dame, but the Marines taught me proper English. :roflmao: