• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCG Hires Two World-Class Sports Card Experts to Lead CSG, Its New Third-Party Sports Card Grading Service
2 2

28 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Matt G said:

CSG is launching soon, and you too could be part of the starting lineup!  Read more

1) I thought that some sister company of NGC already graded sports cards. ???

2) Having card collectors post in the coin forums is not an acceptable way to increase traffic to these forums. :baiting:

3 hours ago, gmarguli said:

2) Having card collectors post in the coin forums is not an acceptable way to increase traffic to these forums. :baiting:

True. But, it's a good way to get kindling for the hearth.

On 10/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, gmarguli said:

Shove em in with the comics guys.. eventually they will all be recycled to flushables..xD 

Edited by MAULEMALL

• Administrator
19 hours ago, brg5658 said:

Eh, why was this posted in the US, World, and Ancient Coins forum?  (shrug)

@Just Bob,

That is a valid question. We are excited to announce the launch of CSG and assume that some members of our coin collecting community may be card collectors as well. Rest assured that we will not be bombarding the coin boards with sports card articles. :wink:

33 minutes ago, Matt G said:

@Just Bob,

That is a valid question. We are excited to announce the launch of CSG and assume that some members of our coin collecting community may be card collectors as well. Rest assured that we will not be bombarding the coin boards with sports card articles. :wink:

Although you spoke to me, that quote was by brg5658.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Although you spoke to me, that quote was by brg5658.

whoops. I quoted one person and tagged another. Rookie move!

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Well, you only have 517 posts. What can you expect?

I tried to change the number to a few thousand posts but it wont let me! :roflmao:. Unfortunately, my strengths are limited to posting articles as my coin knowledge will not be of assistance to the other board members. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

I seriously wonder if you sometimes cringe before you post articles, knowing that you are almost certainly going to get a few sarcastic remarks - whatever the subject matter.

It did not take me 517 posts to figure out that the articles will not please everyone :grin:,  but they are a good conversation starter (mostly) and great for our marketing and google searches as well.

2 hours ago, Matt G said:

@Just Bob,

Nah, we's purists here, suh. 

On 10/21/2020 at 12:39 PM, brg5658 said:

Eh, why was this posted in the US, World, and Ancient Coins forum?  (shrug)

Wait this thread was posted in the coins forum? I just clicked on the discussion button below the news item...... to make this coin related I have a pail of Canadian pennies that are......worthless because I just don't have the heart to throw them out.    I grew up using Canadian pennies, I will not throw out my childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Matt G said:

It did not take me 517 posts to figure out that the articles will not please everyone :grin:,  but they are a good conversation starter (mostly) and great for our marketing and google searches as well.

Will they differentiate whether they were in the spokes of a schwin or a huffy?

4 hours ago, Etreiw said:

I grew up using Canadian pennies, I will not throw out my childhood memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the copper ones; feel free to dispense with the rest.

5 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Keep the copper ones; feel free to dispense with the rest.

er copper ones?  They all look the same to me,  the only thing I know is copper is indeed a valued material.  From what year to year? I got 3/4 full icecream pail of pennies aka deadweight. ;)

16 hours ago, Etreiw said:

er copper ones?  They all look the same to me,  the only thing I know is copper is indeed a valued material.  From what year to year? I got 3/4 full icecream pail of pennies aka deadweight. ;)

I think it fair to say any Canadian one-cent piece minted up to and including the 12-sided ones in 1986 are worth saving.  The cent reverted to round form thereafter with the ones minted from 1997 through 1999 made from zinc, with a thin copper coating, and the ones minted from 2000 to 2012, when production of the penny ceased predominantly made from steel, with a thin copper coating.  Each coin's ping when dropped on a countertop or other suitable safe hard-top surface should emit a different sound.  I am assuming we are talking about comparatively new coinage and not the older types prior to 1938 which would have a numismatic value beyond their metal content.

4 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I think it fair to say any Canadian one-cent piece minted up to and including the 12-sided ones in 1986 are worth saving.  The cent reverted to round form thereafter with the ones minted from 1997 through 1999 made from zinc, with a thin copper coating, and the ones minted from 2000 to 2012, when production of the penny ceased predominantly made from steel, with a thin copper coating.  Each coin's ping when dropped on a countertop or other suitable safe hard-top surface should emit a different sound.  I am assuming we are talking about comparatively new coinage and not the older types prior to 1938 which would have a numismatic value beyond their metal content.

Wow interesting info thanks!

Coins.jpg

On 10/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

When I drop some of my Canadian cents on a hard surface, they ping out Celine Dion songs.

On 10/21/2020 at 3:36 PM, Matt G said:

CSG is launching soon, and you too could be part of the starting lineup!  Read more

Love to see that it's really needed. Hopefully submissions will be accepted in Europe not only in the States as well!

On 10/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, Matt G said:

Hi I have an important card to me a 1914 or 1915 original Ray Schalk crackerjack baseball card. It has been under a two sided clear cover for at least 30  plus years. I just looked at the card and see on the edges there is a white substance maybe from some trapped moisture beginning to grow . I would like the card to be professionally cleaned/conserved and then graded. Can you help me?   Thanks Brad