• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I have a question NGC..Mr DW...

4 posts in this topic

This coin had a limited mintage as a 2007 Australian lunar series 1 silver coin.. At the time there was no colorized coin like this. Did they remint this coin to get a MS70? Was the coin graded and then colorized? Was it a restrike with coloring? Is this coin included in the original minting numbers?

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

2007-australia-1-oz-silver-pig-ms-70-ngc-colorized_201571_slab.jpg

2007-australia-1-oz-silver-pig-ms-70-ngc-colorized_201571_slab (1).jpg

Edited by MAULEMALL

The mint played very loose with the dates on these. They released a few years all at once. I don't recall the specifics, but something like in 2007 they released the coins for 2007, 2008, 2009, & 2010.

It would not surprise me to find out that these were minted sometime well after 2007.

Jesus .. the rat from 2008 is retailing for$139.00 APMEX says they only minted 59.623

And the pig is 87.000 so are the colorized ones just add ons ??

What does NGC Categorize it as?

https://www.apmex.com/product/18512/2007-australia-1-oz-silver-year-of-the-pig-bu-series-i

https://www.apmex.com/product/26705/2008-australia-1-oz-silver-year-of-the-mouse-bu-series-i

I would not trust the mintages with semi-private mints. Even some official mints are slimy. I've been told you don't need to be a royal to purchased freshly minted bullion coins from past years with one mint. hm