• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheat penny.

17 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Greenstang said:

Your 50% correct, Its PMD

I figured it would be something like that. Going to go ahead and keep it though. I keep all my wheats though.

2 hours ago, Modwriter said:

lol all in fun dude. I'm not into guys.😈

I've only been doing this a few years. What's the point in making fun? You were in my shoes once.

4 hours ago, Tridmn said:

I've only been doing this a few years. What's the point in making fun? You were in my shoes once.

There is no point; and Tridmn is right - everyone had to start and learn and ask "stupid" questions, etc. Experienced members would enhance the hobby by giving direct, useful advice. But mocking someone or telling them to have a coin worth face value authenticated and graded is unproductive.

I hope Tridmn will continue to ask questions and learn more about US coins and collecting them.

3 hours ago, RWB said:

There is no point; and Tridmn is right - everyone had to start and learn and ask "stupid" questions, etc. Experienced members would enhance the hobby by giving direct, useful advice. But mocking someone or telling them to have a coin worth face value authenticated and graded is unproductive.

I hope Tridmn will continue to ask questions and learn more about US coins and collecting them.

That, or pick up a book maybe??? There's this Burdette guy who wrote some humdingers!

Edited by VKurtB

5 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

That, or pick up a book maybe??? There's this Burdette guy who wrote some humdingers!

Books are excellent too - but one has to get the basics someplace, and frankly my little tomes are not aimed at new collectors. The book plug is appreciated, but the general market "Coin Collecting for Peoples" books are better. (And the Guide Book of US Coins as a reference.)

2 minutes ago, RWB said:

Books are excellent too - but one has to get the basics someplace, and frankly my little tomes are not aimed at new collectors. The book plug is appreciated, but the general market "Coin Collecting for Peoples" books are better. (And the Guide Book of US Coins as a reference.)

Unless my wife picks one up in a fit of pique, they're often not "aimed" at all, at least in our place. In all seriousness, if anyone might be "visually oriented", try to pick up a copy of the old video, "Secrets of the U.S. Mint". There's a bunch of basic "process of making coins" stuff in there.

Edited by VKurtB

3 hours ago, RWB said:

Vocabulary and context are the key points to learn.

My first post was MD or PMD. Figured it would be one or the other. Just wanted to ask what everyone else thought. I do appreciate the advice very much. You have been most helpful.