• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Circulated 1987 p quarter

4 posts in this topic

20201018_205716_HDR.thumb.jpg.7cfebd7714cd00e6e329f8f9cf125648.jpgAbsolutely clueless on this. I'm seeing extra letters and numbers, along with deep grooves and discoloration. Underneath LIBERTY directly across from face seems to be a word I can't make out. Extra faint lettering between LIBERTY. Possible extra IN GOD WE TRUST motto distorted and misaligned? I believe I can see the numbers 1 and 6 within date. Reverse side only few small oddities

What you see in the coin world is known as Pareidolia, seeing something that isn't there. Once you learn how coins are minted, you will know that extra letters and numbers are impossible (except for the rare case of a dropped letter) to appear on a coin. Sometimes things like wear, Die Deterioration and imagination  can give the illusion of looking like something else.