• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2004 d DDO penny

21 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Brad adams said:

Let me take another pic cause there is definitely hard doubling in God and liberty and the 2 in the date

20201017_113714(1).jpg

Edited by Brad adams

2 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

Brad,

You have posted a number of coins on this forum thinking they are Doubled dies. Have you researched this coin?  Did you find an exact match to your coin?

He doesn't even realize it NEEDS to match anything. He's off on his own wild goose chase without knowledge. He thinks any type of visual anomaly is important, and it just isn't.

39 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

He doesn't even realize it NEEDS to match anything. He's off on his own wild goose chase without knowledge. He thinks any type of visual anomaly is important, and it just isn't.

Yeah I know. I had written something a little too sharp but then I realized it is what is going on around me that is wearing me out and he would have been just the victim of my frustration.

1 hour ago, MAULEMALL said:
  • 😆201 posts😆
  • 😆Joined: June 5😆

But he’s not wrong. 

9 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

Are you inferring I said he was?:whistle:

I too get a bit annoyed seeing how many guys get snookered into buying high digital magnification USB scopes. A better choice is a “real” microscope of the type used for circuit boards or dissections. Stereo viewing plus a camera tube. Yes, it costs more than a USB cheapie. But even a Chevy costs more than a used Yugo.

I used to post a fart ton of pics that were done with a high dollar scanner  Hp scanjet pro.... $300.00 in 2003

I got great results .. I can't find another scanner like it..

Funny story. I had some miss cut and misprint $5.00 notes that was trying to get a price on from a friend who worked at the treasury in Richmond..

I think it was 2006.. When I scanned the notes a warning came up that the secret service would be notified...

I was like WTF...

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

So why does it take so long for varieties to show up if u have to find something to match it to...

What about new finds what do u match them too....

It's just like the 1976 d quarter I posted I guarantee you it's a DDO 001 but unless I crop it from some of the lighting y'all going to swear it's digital camera creating....

This is not something we I just decided to do my family been in the coin business 100 yrs but there all dead and gone I got left with a huge estate of coins and just trying to learn and see the values of what I have before I give something away that's valuable......I guess y'all just think I'm slow or stupid or something....

7 hours ago, Brad adams said:

.I guess y'all just think I'm slow or stupid or something....

I will leave the rest of your post for someone with more knowledge of varieties to answer.

I have not seen anyone suggest you are stupid. I have seen a poster or two infer you were ignorant, which means unknowing, not stupid. You have displayed an attitude that suggest you are rather stubborn and not wishing to learn. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. I think if you start sending more of your coins in for grading you will start to learn a few things the hard way. For your sake I hope I am wrong.

Oh. by the way. PCGS will not label a coin a variety unless they can match it exactly to material published by a known expert that they accept. 

10 hours ago, Brad adams said:

So why does it take so long for varieties to show up if u have to find something to match it to...

What about new finds what do u match them too....

It's just like the 1976 d quarter I posted I guarantee you it's a DDO 001 but unless I crop it from some of the lighting y'all going to swear it's digital camera creating....

This is not something we I just decided to do my family been in the coin business 100 yrs but there all dead and gone I got left with a huge estate of coins and just trying to learn and see the values of what I have before I give something away that's valuable......I guess y'all just think I'm slow or stupid or something....

You are looking for what is known in the hobby as "discovery coins", the first find of a new variety. These are extraordinarily rare events, not the sort of thing that crops up every week. And I'm talking across the whole hobby, not just one individual. These are really "unicorns".