• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Checking old coins

11 posts in this topic

The first coin is a 1783 Constellatio Nova. Hard to tell from the picture the denomination (100 or 1000 units) but whichever it is it is fake.

The foreign coins I suggest you list each one individually with cropped pictures of both sides (we don't need all that background) with the circumference and weight of each. This will help in identifying the coins.

Haha, you guys are awesome. It's ok I have thick skin. Thank you for all the input and I will post the rest of the collection as I go thru it on this thread as not to anyone off too bad. Here is the first handful. I have to weigh them and get good individual pics and what not. Thank you for all the straightforward input I really do appreciate it. From my track record so far I can assume they are all fake. But hey, you never know.

IMG_5783.jpg

I literally have a 3.5 gallon pail full of wheat pennies and 3 zip loc backs of coins like these. I really don't know where to begin with all of this. Thanks again for the information.

They did not instantly materialize in 3 zip lock bags. Somebody made them and put them in there. Who? Why? Those are the better questions than “are they real?”