• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2015 (w) eagle s$1 first releases ms 69 DD

65 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Ya pay for a mint error at Ngc and they’ll find it. Least I hope in my case with the quarters I sent. 

Oh boy. I think you're in for a disappointment.

Image result for That's Not How this Works Meme

You need to tell them PRECISELY, by number that they support, which is not all, which error you think it is. All they do is confirm what YOU say it is, or not.

Orrrrrr, in other words....

4irqdf.jpg

Edited by VKurtB

Eh,we will see. I’ll post whatever the slab says. I did note ddo on one of the coins wrappings. I didn’t see anything else with the loop I used. It’ll be fine. After all they’re my coins. 

On 10/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, VKurtB said:

Please. Disregard almost everything you ever saw on YouTube about coins. Please.

Blue Ridge Silverhound and JBSCOINSINC are not too bad, but haven't had the time lately to watch.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, rocket23 said:

Eh,we will see. I’ll post whatever the slab says. I did note ddo on one of the coins wrappings. I didn’t see anything else with the loop I used. It’ll be fine. After all they’re my coins. 

Wrapping? W t f? I submit with a labeled 2.5"x2.5" double pocket poly saflip. I have a 5oz silver uncirculated coin that I will submit in its original holder from the mint at the Newport Beach coin show. If I get a MS70, I will sell it at auction for a million dollars.😎

A question to @rocket23 

Would you be so kind as to explain to your best ability how a 2015 die is made, and how it could become doubled,

I think this will help evereyone understand if the OP shows a doubled die or a machine doubled coin.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

A question to @rocket23 

Would you be so kind as to explain to your best ability how a 2015 die is made, and how it could become doubled,

I think this will help evereyone understand if the OP shows a doubled die or a machine doubled coin.

Thank you

No. 

2 hours ago, rocket23 said:

No. 

OK down, dirty, fast and furious, IN the past dies were made from a hub that was pressed into the die steel several times until the devices were brought up to the desired point. Between each pressing the die was annealed and reset into the press. This would allow the chance of the hub and the die to become misaligned slightly causing two or more images.

By the late 1990's a new process was being introduced were the hub was pressed into the die ONCE. This eliminated all the traditional types of doubled dies. It did create another phenomenon that is often called doubled die, but this is a different issue. By 2015 I think that all dies were made with the new process. By definition a die struck once cannot be doubled, so the doubling shown on the coin in the OP cannot be a doubled die. Therefore the doubling shown HAS to be caused by a different phenomenon. 

So, about that deed to your house...

10 minutes ago, rocket23 said:

Again. The house bet is for proving errored coins are worthless. They are not ,never will be. So the keys and the deed are right next to my 1969 s ddo. Thanks for the info. 

Oh, I see now. Another one of these guys. / eye roll

rocket23 Case(s) in point open any coin collector magazine and notice the monetary value of any coin with a ddo or ddr and it is always worth more. It isn’t marked up because of frequency      I’ll bet my house on that point alone.

and I apparently write just fine. You and a few others have a hard time reading and actually understanding what you just read. Interesting. 

My apologies to the op....this obliteration of english and how it is written and ultimately misunderstood is baffling to me but maybe entertaining, that being said here is a mint error with an ase.....huh, Right next to the house keys Thats where I'll keep this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-W-with-reverse-of-2007-American-Silver-Eagle/114461672307?hash=item1aa6728373%3Ag%3AeuUAAOSwVDdfhjBl&LH_Auction=1

15 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Actually, that is considered a variety, rather than an error.

And, since we are on the subject, Doubled Dies are also considered varieties.

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/1655/Variety-versus-Mint-Error/

Good read. And I agree. However that doesn’t say my point is mute. Which is mint error coins sell for more. With right buyer. 

Edited by rocket23
Clarification

Anyone watching videos from couchcollectibles IN PARTICULAR gets measurably dumber by the second, while watching them.

He does not inform, he hypes. He is a carnival barker.

Edited by VKurtB

The key to the value of error or variety coin values is NOT their rarity. I am dead BE serious. The key is DEMAND, in other words, POPULARITY. Trying to FIND them is popular enough, but that's raising SUPPLY, not DEMAND. You need to have raising demand, and I don't see many people handing over the cash for them, outside of the famous ones.

Edited by VKurtB

On 10/18/2020 at 4:47 AM, rocket23 said:

Lack of a better term. The plastic  baggie I used. Not all coin collectors have 2x2’s lying around. 3 coins 3 baggies, wrappings, plastic call it what you want lol

I use baggie for my Mexican dirtweed.😎

On 10/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, RWB said:

The OP, and others, will be best served by listening the Mr. Lange.

Did Mr Lange and ngc denote the urinating minute man on the Mass Quarter? 

Edited by MAULEMALL

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, MAULEMALL said:

Did Mr Lange and ngc denote the urinating minute man on the Mass Quarter? 

Oooooh I have been submitting MS MA quarters. MS65 so far. I don't check for errors. I don't have a Hubble microscope.😎