NGC Registry-November 4th - temporary freeze-slots and scores!
1 1

9 posts in this topic

2,275 posts

image.jpeg

Hello!

As is the practice every year, there will be a temporary freeze on slot requests and score adjustments until the 2020 NGC Registry awards deadline has passed on December 4th. Mark your calendars for November 4th at 10am EST! All slot requests and score requests must be received by that day and time for 2020 award consideration. All other requests will be recorded by our team and resolved after the deadline of December 4th.

Edited by Ali E.

9 posts

What about errors in the type or proof sets? For example the BVI silver $1 1973 to Date Proof set...... has missing slots (there is a reverse proof and regular proof Pegasus in 2017 and 2018), incorrect slots (Queen's Silver Jubilee should be 1977 and Queen's Coronation Jubilee for 1978) and those same slot years have standard proofs as well.  

So my question is, can those get fixed if you are made aware during this "freeze" period? I know I sent an email on this one and on a couple others. Some get fixed, some don't.

Just inquiring..... Chris

Edited by ChrisInJesup

2,275 posts
5 hours ago, ChrisInJesup said:

What about errors in the type or proof sets? For example the BVI silver $1 1973 to Date Proof set...... has missing slots (there is a reverse proof and regular proof Pegasus in 2017 and 2018), incorrect slots (Queen's Silver Jubilee should be 1977 and Queen's Coronation Jubilee for 1978) and those same slot years have standard proofs as well.  

So my question is, can those get fixed if you are made aware during this "freeze" period? I know I sent an email on this one and on a couple others. Some get fixed, some don't.

Just inquiring..... Chris

Hello, Chris.

We have no pending requests from you. Of course, if there are errors, we will fix them quickly at any time. Any new slot request must be received before the 10 am deadline Nov. 4th for 2020 awards consideration. The BVI Silver $1 Proof set 2017 and 2018 RP slots are already there with coin ID's in them. The two "queen's" coins you mention were label errors; We have fixed the corresponding slot names. Please send any other requests to registry@NGCcoin.com. We are happy to assist. Thanks very much.

13 posts

There seems to be an error in the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Scores

The $1 Mint State Coin has a higher score for the MLB Players Celebration Series (Score ID 112485) vs any of the other labels.

This has allowed 1 collector who has that particular labeled coin to jump over 20 collectors who have had perfect sets for years.

Can you please look at this and fix it prior to the Awards Determination.

Thanks

2,275 posts
13 hours ago, richarma said:

There seems to be an error in the 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Commemorative Scores

The $1 Mint State Coin has a higher score for the MLB Players Celebration Series (Score ID 112485) vs any of the other labels.

This has allowed 1 collector who has that particular labeled coin to jump over 20 collectors who have had perfect sets for years.

Can you please look at this and fix it prior to the Awards Determination.

Thanks

Hello, richarma.

We have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you for letting us know.

13 posts

also, on the

"San Francisco Mint 50th Anniversary Set, Reverse Proof, 2018, Complete" set

The "2018 S 1C FIRST RELEASES 50TH ANNIV-SF MINT PF SET"

and the "2018 S SACAGAWEA $1 JIM THORPE-FIRST RELEASES 50TH ANNIV-SF MINT PF SET"

are not included as eligible coins for the their respective slots in the set so I can't add those 2 coins to my set.

thanks

2,275 posts
On 11/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, richarma said:

also, on the

"San Francisco Mint 50th Anniversary Set, Reverse Proof, 2018, Complete" set

The "2018 S 1C FIRST RELEASES 50TH ANNIV-SF MINT PF SET"

and the "2018 S SACAGAWEA $1 JIM THORPE-FIRST RELEASES 50TH ANNIV-SF MINT PF SET"

are not included as eligible coins for the their respective slots in the set so I can't add those 2 coins to my set.

thanks

Hello.

We will send directions on how to add your coins add to your set. (Your 1C and $1 coins must be REV PROOF coins to be eligible.) Thank you.

13 posts

Those 2 are actually Rev Proofs, A similar description is used in the 5 cent which is an eligible coin for the 5 cent slot.

Coin IDs:

1 cent Rev Proof is 822361

1 dollar Rev Proof is 825085

Thanks

edit: and thanks for looking into these issues for me.

Edited by richarma
Never mind, I see where to input that info now, thanks

2,275 posts
On 11/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, richarma said:

Those 2 are actually Rev Proofs, A similar description is used in the 5 cent which is an eligible coin for the 5 cent slot.

Coin IDs:

1 cent Rev Proof is 822361

1 dollar Rev Proof is 825085

Thanks

edit: and thanks for looking into these issues for me.

Hello.

We have already sent directions on how to add your coins add to your set. Thank you.