• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 nickel possibly double struck on reverse

8 posts in this topic

Brad, If you are going to be looking for error coins, I suggest you read a couple of sites devoted to errors and Doubled Dies. This will give you an idea of what to look for. It seems that everything you have posted lately is not even close.

Error coins site-  error-ref.com

Doubled Die site-  wexlers doubled dies

Also FYI, here is a picture of a Doubled Struck coin. Notice how the second strike affects both sides and is the same image as the first strike.

Double Struck 67 Dollar.jpg

There is one way to double strike just one side. Coin stays seated in the anvil die after the first strike and a loose hammer die rotates slightly between strikes.

I think it is struck on both sides of you look to the lower left of the obverse and at the top of the monticello and on the letter especially on United States you can really see it looks to me like it at least 2 sets of words might be 3 ....if u look right where the five cents is stamped it looks like the top of the monticello but I could determine where it was double struck or it that was damage since it is so old

Edited by Brad adams