• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please make a daily update thread (Regarding delay in Opening Mails)
1 1

50 posts in this topic

Package containing Express Grading Submission (besides a couple of re-holdering submissions) delivered on the 19th of March, but, not yet in the System (as of March 24th). Please look into this.

Edited by Joydeep

My express submission I sent in March has been sitting in the mailroom for weeks.

My forum post sat in moderation for nearly a month. I'd have made a post about the submission but new users get treated like a spammers on the boards. :\ 

And here I was getting antsy about my economy submission delivered 4/07 and todays 4/13.   Its sitting in their P.O box not getting accepted or entered.    It looks like this has been going on for months.    I did see the current turnaround time was 38 days for economy.   That's updated but have to wonder if that's after the mail is accepted or including that delay?     It's pretty ridiculous.   You think once it arrives there the clock starts but that is not the case.   Feel bad for anybody who paid for faster shipping or expedited services.   

• Administrator

Hi All,

We are currently opening the mail that was delivered to us on April 1st and 2nd.

Thank you,

Lisa

Please remember that when you are using the EXPRESS GRADING TIER, you need to write EX in big bold letters on all sides of the box.  If you are using the WALKTHROUGH GRADING TIER, you need to write WK in big bold letters on all sides of the box.  This way we will know that they are time sensitive and we will pull those first.

Thank you for keeping us updated.  The industry that I work in is experiencing unprecedented delays as well.  Shipping, supply, port congestion, and a large increase in demand have created a perfect storm for many businesses in the U.S.  I suspect that the year (or so) of lockdowns and stay-at-home orders have resulted in huge increases of new collectors and collectors re-entering the hobby.  Add a few stimulus checks into the mix and the demand has spiked dramatically, I'm sure.  I appreciate that businesses like NGC and others are open and transparent about expected turn-around times.  

• Administrator

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!

Today we are opening the mail that was delivered to us on April 4th.

Please remember that when you are using the EXPRESS GRADING TIER, you need to write EX in big bold letters on all sides of the box.  If you are using the WALKTHROUGH GRADING TIER, you need to write WK in big bold letters on all sides of the box.  This way we will know that they are time sensitive and we will pull those first.

10 hours ago, LISA B said:

HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!!

Today we are opening the mail that was delivered to us on April 4th.

Well, mine I think were.delovered on the 5th or 6th... so... getting closer!! 🤣

In the garb of "Turnaround times are not guaranteed" NGC cannot and must not take twice the turnaround times. I try not to lose my cool, but at this point it is not acceptable.

17 hours ago, Joydeep said:

In the garb of "Turnaround times are not guaranteed" NGC cannot and must not take twice the turnaround times. I try not to lose my cool, but at this point it is not acceptable.

It's rough and it sucks but I'm notnsure it has an easy fix.

It's been crazy times and CoVID hit them like everyone. They have to protect their employees and maintain their social license to operate in an industry that requires them to be physically present to look at very valuable, secured items in facilities that probably were not originally designed for social distancing. And once you get really behind it can be very hard to catch back up.

Submissions entered into the system on 03/25, no status updates since 03/30 !

NGC has the option of disabling/limiting the submissions page  for a short amount of time, but, of course this will not be considered a valid option because it is a business and profit the ultimate goal irrespective of the fact that most customers, if not all, are unhappy because NGC has made a mockery of the turnaround times (and I am not even taking into consideration the time it takes to get submissions into the system after they have been delivered to NGC).

COVID has become a harsh reality of our times, I have nothing but good wishes and regards for all. But, it is about a year now, to think that a successful business like NGC has been unable to re strategize  a better way....well people are free to believe what they want.

Edited by Joydeep

8 hours ago, Joydeep said:

NGC has the option of disabling/limiting the submissions page  for a short amount of time, but, of course this will not be considered a valid option because it is a business and profit the ultimate goal irrespective of the fact that most customers, if not all, are unhappy because NGC has made a mockery of the turnaround times (and I am not even taking into consideration the time it takes to get submissions into the system after they have been delivered to NGC).

Maybe so, but that would probably just create a backlog of demand and once they opened up again they'd just get slammed again. Just my 2 cents.

People can also do what I somewhat accidentally did - fill out the forms and have them ready to go and leave them sitting on my desk for 3 months. Then they get sent in - freeze or no.

Perhaps by making it mandatory to submit beforehand, online,  a copy of the completed submission form(s) alongside the shipping/tracking info of the package to count as incoming traffic. Anyway, the strategy to limit and how they do it is entirely up to NGC to implement. I see no other simplistic way NGC getting past these enormous delays in the near future. I am just trying to point out a path.

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

People can also do what I somewhat accidentally did - fill out the forms and have them ready to go and leave them sitting on my desk for 3 months. Then they get sent in - freeze or no.

Maybe there are other individuals just like this....but I am afraid I cannot relate to this at all...I fill in forms the day before mailing.

Edited by Joydeep

7 hours ago, Joydeep said:

Maybe there are other individuals just like this....but I am afraid I cannot relate to this at all...I fill in forms the day before mailing.

Before CoVID and before having 2 kids, one of whom has CP, I probably would have assumed the same but these days I find that things happen as and when I can make them if they aren't essential.

I'd say it doesn't help either that people are sending in common junk coins to have graded.  Graders having to grade common cents that's only worth a dollar or less. Look at how many people post on the forum, "is it worth grading?" every day.  Imagine how many of them are sending that junk in and pluging up the works. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I'd say it doesn't help either that people are sending in common junk coins to have graded.  Graders having to grade common cents that's only worth a dollar or less. Look at how many people post on the forum, "is it worth grading?" every day.  Imagine how many of them are sending that junk in and pluging up the works. 

well if they want to address the backlog by making it clear only coins of a certain value should be sent in, they should do so. 

delays are fine but this lack of transparency is awful. thank God I only sent 1 of my coins in to test the waters. they will not be getting any more of my business until things improve.

• Administrator

Hello,

We are currently opening the mail that was delivered to us on April 7th.  We have been working over time every day and working on weekends to try to catch up.  If you know anyone that is interested in a job with us we are hiring in all departments for all of our companies.

Thank you,

Lisa