• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Super High Grade Mexico
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Sorry to have to see your delusion disintegrate in so spectacular a fashion, but the initial purchase price + the cost of athentication/grading/certification + two-way postage and insurance + registration and whatever else was involved in your coin identification and spending spree makes you nlt a fan, but a no-holds-barred, super high-grade certified connossieur of your -- don't talk about it; be about it-- top tier, super high-grade Mexican coins.  I personally like your now or never approach.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Correct misspelling and wording

I find the (non-Morgan) PL designation one of the most inconsistent for both PCGS & NGC. I've only received a few PL from PCGS and those were on coins that had very deep mirrors. However, I've seen several in the marketplace that I felt were just very flashy, but they awarded the PL designation. It's a cr*p-shoot.

Edited by gmarguli

54 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

I find the (non-Morgan) PL designation one of the most inconsistent for both PCGS & NGC. I've only received a few PL from PCGS and those were on coins that had very deep mirrors. However, I've seen several in the marketplace that I felt were just very flashy, but they awarded the PL designation. It's a cr*p-shoot.

Was the one you showed the only PL you got in this submission, or did you get others? 

13 hours ago, Abuelo's Collection said:

This is an impressive group. First half XX century (post revolution) Mexican coinage is common in high grade, but you have few keepers here. Really cool.

Does this apply to copper?  

I don't see much '20's era copper even in BU.  

As some of us diehard "US only" collectors get a little tired of the same old designs we start to flock to these foreigns. They are beautiful coins and all the top pop examples probably make it a more than worthwhile submission. Congrats!