• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strike Through Grease?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I picked this up for a few dollars from a junk bin. I purchased this because of how cheap it was, and the fact that it might be a grease strike through error. It is a solid VG (in my opinion) except for the missing design elements where "America" should be on the obverse. There is obviously some wear, but I'm unaware of any coins that have uneven were to account for this. These are the best pictures I could get, and I know this will affect your opinion. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

0920201553b.jpg

0920201554d.jpg

Tell me, is Grease the word? And if so, does it truly have groove and have meaning?

The OP means it was struck through a John Travolta....That's like a Shrubbery without the sneer.

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!

Oh no, he di-int!

Oh yes, I did.

What's going on here? I can clearly see what's missing, but what am missing?

You paid money -- dollars, for this? For what? You got beat!  Now that you have it, what have you got?  A grease what? Strike-through? Sounds just like a used car dealer touting his pre-owned Edsel. What are you going to do with it? 

Frankly, I would rather as President of the United States be told to shut up on national TV before a live audience of millions than be hoodwinked into believing that that coin is Very Good and not some hideous, totally worthless, genetic mutation. (I can't stand all this newfangled "almost pregnant" nonsense. It does not have a grade. It is not deserving of a grade. It's a Devil's Island relegation (accent aigu over 2d "e").

Do me a favor Big Nub and give me the name and address of a trusted friend I can send five dollars to and when you have the fin in hand, take it, make a wish if you like, and throw it into a public fountain or a Salvation Army bell-ringer's bucket. You will be doing everybody a big favor (and I'll be able to sleep better at nite knowing this world hasn't gone completely crazy). Greased strike-thru... Man are you lucky I'm in a good mood. 😉