• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin Values

3 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know where the most accurate coin prices can be found.  In looking here at NGC, at PCGS, Whitman Red Book and other sources I find the prices are inconsistent.  Prices on the same coin can sometimes be close but then also ranges off by quite a bit leaving me wondering what to go by.  ??    

Thanks for the tip Lancek!  Will take a look tonight.  

When Peter Capaldi replaced Matt Smith that was the beginning of the end.  

There is no one place for consistent pricing info anymore, the market prices are all over the place due to factors like tone and CAC.  The best place to get a sense of recent pricing is to look at closed auctions from Heritage, Great Collections, David Laurence, Stacks, and ebay.  This will work for most of the US coin market unless the coin is very rare or seldom sold/auctioned.  You take those numbers,(throw out any abnormal high or low) to get an average of what is crossing the auctions for, I then compare to the price guides and figure that somewhere in the middle is approx retail.  But as I said if the coin is vividly toned then all bets are off and prices can be well over the norm and price guides.  If the coin is CAC approved I also check the CAC website for their price guide.