• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What? No really WHAT?!

14 posts in this topic

here are 2 attachments, conflicting to me, but maybe Someone has a reason  as to why or how.....

Here is an ase with the mint mark P....however according to this letter from the u.s. mint they were never struck in philladelphia......what gives....

s-l1600.jpg

On 9/28/2020 at 8:27 PM, rocket23 said:

on another note I have an IGC encapsulated  bullion coin 2015 p.......leary about not having the mint mark.

The 1995-W is the four-figure coin.

on another note I have an IGC encapsulated  bullion coin 2015 p.......leary [sic] about not having the mint mark.

There's a fellow on ebay who sells mintmarks. Just stick 'em to your coin, and off you go!

:)

on another note I have an IGC encapsulated  bullion coin 2015 p.......leary about not having the mint mark.

It's not supposed to have a mint mark.  No bullion ASE have a mint mark.  Supposedly they are able to discern that it was minted in Philly is by the serial number on the strap that sealed the monster box.  However, take it out of the slab, and you lose any sort of provenance as to the mint.