• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found a faceless bicentennial quarter the drummer boys face is not visible

6 posts in this topic

I found this coin in my change today . I collect Bicentennial quarters and never seen this before looks like a mint print error . And the coin looks like it has never been in circulation before . I can find anything on the internet about it cna anyone give me any information about it if there is any . Thank you

20200926_215615.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

The picture is poorly lit, with glare and shadow distorting the image, and is not very clear or close, but, from what I can see, it looks like it has been damaged. Maybe a better picture will change my opinion.

Sorry, that did not help. It just made it blurry and more pixelated. Can you take a closer picture and then crop all of the background out? That will enlarge the picture, hopefully with less distortion. Or try cropping the original picture, if you can't take another one.

13 hours ago, ROBEROB said:

Just Bob will this help I enlarged the pic 

20200926_235119.jpg

See those small dark “hieroglyphics”? They are not real. They are digital artifacts. Even so, this coin looks like a damaged circulated proof coin or polished circulation strike coin.