• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chinese Cast Coin 4 identify

5 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, osborne311 said:

I re oriented.  Do you think both sides are correct now?

This is a case where I know rather than think. Obverse (four characters) is right. Reverse (two symbols) is now 180 out. I think it was correct before. The Qing symbol should be on the left, and the Board of Revenue, or Hu-Pu Board of Trade (whichever it is; the one that looks a little like upside down Devanagari) on the right. This is one of very many issues of Xuan Zong, 1821-50. He has like six or seven pages in Hartill just to himself.

6 minutes ago, JKK said:

This is a case where I know rather than think. Obverse (four characters) is right. Reverse (two symbols) is now 180 out. I think it was correct before. The Qing symbol should be on the left, and the Board of Revenue, or Hu-Pu Board of Trade (whichever it is; the one that looks a little like upside down Devanagari) on the right. This is one of very many issues of Xuan Zong, 1821-50. He has like six or seven pages in Hartill just to himself.

Yes, looking at the coin if the trade character is on the right then the "Boo" character on reverse should be on the left.   I am correcting it now.