• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Equalizing the NGC's #1 PROOF Registry Set ... 1883 CAMEO's

9 posts in this topic

What a fabulous proof type example!  The 1883 N/C is one of my all-time favorite proof coins, period.

As some of you know, I assembled a complete circulation strike set of V-nickels some time ago, and still have it - it's maybe my favorite collection that I've finished.  The lone exception I picked out was: the 1883 N/C nickel.  Mine is ex-NGC PR-65 CAM!  I did crack it out and placed it in my Dansco where it's been happy ever since, going on 20 years.

On 9/21/2020 at 11:58 AM, James_OldeTowne said:

What a fabulous proof type example!  The 1883 N/C is one of my all-time favorite proof coins, period.

As some of you know, I assembled a complete circulation strike set of V-nickels some time ago, and still have it - it's maybe my favorite collection that I've finished.  The lone exception I picked out was: the 1883 N/C nickel.  Mine is ex-NGC PR-65 CAM!  I did crack it out and placed it in my Dansco where it's been happy ever since, going on 20 years.

Are those toning at all in the dansco ?? Curious @James_OldeTowne

Edited by jgrinz

On 9/21/2020 at 2:29 PM, jgrinz said:

Are those toning at all in the dansco ?? Curious @James_OldeTowne

Yes!!  I need to dig the set out and show you all, but some of the coins are looking pretty amazing.  (To be fair, some already had toning in-progress.)