• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 steel penny ?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

This is the last, just went through 3 rolls of Steele's. Is this considered strike doubling and or die erosion doubling. I couldn't help showing this. 

20200917_183208.jpg

20200917_183018.jpg

20200917_183055.jpg

I apologize everyone, I'll catch up on responses. I had to step away for a bit to travel to California to pick up the rest of my mom's stuff out of storage . And bring back to Nebraska. Kinda went at a bad time, I had to go through Stockton while protesting is going on. There were burning buildings all kind of stuff going on. Glad to be home and safe. I ended up with a few more coin that I will be posting. Got a couple of interesting one's. 

On 9/19/2020 at 3:41 PM, Moxie15 said:

What has your research told you on this?

So I looked back on a 1943 Steelie I posted while back, and looked at a few on line. Pretty much environmental damage. 

In 1943 “Steelies”, beginners need to beware of reprocessed (redone zinc plating) coins. They are pretty to the untrained eye, but they are also pretty worthless. Many people have never seen a truly high grade 1943.