• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new microscope found it's first die crack!
1 1

13 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, erwindoc said:

What kind did you get?  I start making my Christmas list soon!

The one I bought is in the first pic. It has a slight movement in it when you adjust focusing. The second is the one I wanted to buy as it is supposedly and upgraded model and sturdier. Wife gave me an ebay gift card and ebay didn't sell the upgraded model, it was only on amazon. Lol  But I do like this. The movement doesn't really effect anything so I can take pics pretty good with it. Less than $100. The brand is Opti-Tekscope. Opti-Tek 

Btw, the full coin pics were taken with it also. 

Opti-Tekscope.jpg

opti-tekscope-digital-usb-microscope-camera-advanced-cmos-sensor-true_3299_600.jpg

Edited by bsshog40

12 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

The one I bought is in the first pic. It has a slight movement in it when you adjust focusing. The second is the one I wanted to buy as it is supposedly and upgraded model and sturdier. Wife gave me an ebay gift card and ebay didn't sell the upgraded model, it was only on amazon. Lol  But I do like this. The movement doesn't really effect anything so I can take pics pretty good with it. Less than $100. The brand is Opti-Tekscope. Opti-Tek 

Btw, the full coin pics were taken with it also. 

Opti-Tekscope.jpg

opti-tekscope-digital-usb-microscope-camera-advanced-cmos-sensor-true_3299_600.jpg

What kind of lighting works best with it, internal, or external incandescent or fluorescent?  Enquiring minds would like to know.

2 hours ago, numisport said:

Will yours take full slab pictures ?

Well I just attempted it and no it won't. It lacks about an Inch from the sides and another inch from the bottom.