• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Seated Dime folk out there?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Beautiful!  is that a die crack running thru the middle of the bust?  I am a huge fan of seated coinage in general but sadly have very few coins of that type, the only dimes are just the ones in my 7070 album but no pics.

I'm a fan of Seated coinage, but I've only dabbled in it so far. Imagine the 1892 ANA convention banquet. Do you suppose the topic of conversation was "this modern Barber junk"?

3 hours ago, ldhair said:

Oh well. I thought this could be a fun thread. 

Question for you - do Seated collectors consider the 20 cent piece part of the Seated coins, or a thing separate and apart?

22 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Great idea just not enough people to participate.

[Actually, there are but they have giant "I"s carved into their foreheads (for IGNORE) have been denounced as congenital Trolls (with a capital "T") and worst of all, hail from San Francisco and New York City.]

9 hours ago, erwindoc said:

I still want to get a few for a type collection but have not yet pulled the trigger on them yet.  

Same here. I haven't really warmed up to the design, but would like some for my type collection.

12 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Actually, there are but they have giant "I"s carved into their foreheads (for IGNORE) have been denounced as congenital Trolls (with a capital "T") and worst of all, hail from San Francisco and New York City.]

You are welcome to post any Seated Dimes you have. 

12 hours ago, kenlee47 said:

I have yet to pull trigger for some this time, I keep getting outbid. 

[On matters regarding seated dimes, you're got to stand up to be counted.]

Oh for Pete's sake. I'm a BIG fan of seated coinage. But I don't have any pictures of my dimes and am challenged in the photo department - sorry, all I can offer are the pictures I kept of some of the other denominations in my collection. Hopefully we can get some more players to join in. 

lf (1).jpg

1859 Half Dime.jpg

37651047_Large.jpg

PROOF 20C.jpg

6 hours ago, ldhair said:

You are welcome to post any Seated Dimes you have. 

[Much obliged; let the record reflect Idhair spoke to me directly inadvertently reducing the number of my official "ignores" to thirty-nine.  (Now I have to photo-shop a seated dime.)]

I love Seated coinage, although, I'm more of a Half dollar and Dollar kind of guy. 

But, I do like the 'no stars' obverse Dime variety.  I may have to get that, someday, as a nice type example.  

34 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Much obliged; let the record reflect Idhair spoke to me directly inadvertently reducing the number of my official "ignores" to thirty-nine.  (Now I have to photo-shop a seated dime.)]