• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962D Franklin. Worth getting regraded?

15 posts in this topic

That is a very baggy obverse. In fact, it might be one of the worst cheeks I've seen. It should be an MS62 in my opinion, maybe a 61.

Take a look at all the impact marks on yours, and compare it to the PCGS example. Night and day. Plus, even though I am personally not a fan of it, the toning on the PCGS piece matters a whole lot. Both the Franklin cheek and the bell above the clapper are pretty bad.

WOW this has to be one of the worst Franklin's i have see being called UNK .....looks about 3 days worth of growth on his checks.  His jacket has very harsh bag marks.  the bell looks like it has been hit with a hatchet.  the date looks like someone hit it with a weed eater........ XF at best.

19 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Is your grade based on a written grading guide, or is this your personal standard?

Bob that is just how i see it.  In My opinion a clean coin should always be dropped by 2 grades.  but you know what they say about opinions   I would not buy a problem coin even if it was a rarity.

Edited by JTNewell
add

34 minutes ago, James_OldeTowne said:

The OP coin is a legitimate UNC, but only in the MS-61 to 62 range.

Yup, agree fully.

When I first saw it I thought , If MS then maybe a 62.  Value would be about $12, would cost $30 to $50 to get it slabbed.  Decision of what to do is up to you.  A couple years ago I could get already slabbed NGC 64's for $14 to $15.