• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin not found in Pricing Guide?

6 posts in this topic

Sent a Morgan in for Grading that I could not find on chart. It is a 1900 O/S which does not show on price guide. I listed it as 1900 O/S however when the submission was scheduled for grading it was listed as 1900 O. The S is clearly visible with a scope so does the fact they listed it as just O mean that they did not think it is O/S or do they make that determination during grading?

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any good pic's we never noticed it until we put it under the scope. The person who sold it to me thought it was just 1900 O but when she took a second look before I sent them in she noticed the S in the middle of the O. Since it is only scheduled for grading will they have a closer look during grading?

Well first did you pay for variety attribution?   If not I do not believe the graders will look for it.  If you did pay for the variety service but the VAM is not on the top 100 or hot 50 lists then it will not be attributed.  As pointed out above there does not appear to be a O/S VAM so my guess is that if you did pay you have payed for nothing and will get back a graded 1900-O coin and label. 

17 minutes ago, Richard C. Waters said:

Thanks again! I did not pay for variety attribution. Is it possible to call them and add that to my order before it goes to grading?

Maybe but you would be wasting your money, as there is no VAM for an 1900 O/S I am very sure that NGC will not attribute it.  You could call customer service in the AM and discuss it with them to verify what I think is correct.