• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just "Ignored" someone for the first time.
2 2

251 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

They are at least 10 days behind just opening mail of incoming submissions.  I hardly think posting on this forum is high on their "to-do" list lol.  

The folks who could do this DON'T open the mail or grade coins - unless things have changed.

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

They are at least 10 days behind just opening mail of incoming submissions.  I hardly think posting on this forum is high on their "to-do" list lol.  

Every time I send in an order to NGC I am flabbergasted by how quickly they turn them around. The return Registered Mail is another matter.

22 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Every time I send in an order to NGC I am flabbergasted by how quickly they turn them around. The return Registered Mail is another matter.

Once it's in the system I 100% agree.  I've had a submittal at PCGS stuck in encapsulation for 12 days now.  

Edited by Morpheus1967

7 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Welcome to Sleepy Hollow

c6c00317cd856168a2d282b57ee203a6a8-22-sleepy-hollow.2x.h143.w215.jpg

I see you found a nice example of the rare ngc anniversary commemorative.... great find, although I prefer them with a little more luster...:roflmao:

so this thread is about 30 posts behind the lowest "pinned" thread (ancients,currently at 158).... we might wanna end it before this gets pinned...might not look good for the whole "this is a decent numismatic forum" thing....:whistle::roflmao:

On other forums, if you ignore somebody, you won't see the threads they post. 

Unfortunately, the software on this forum still shows you a thread started by an ignored member. You see all replies by other members, you just don't see the original post (or any follow up replies by the ignored member). 

I didn't realize that until today... what an unfortunate neglect, and yet another flaw in the software of this forum. 

9 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Welcome to Sleepy Hollow

c6c00317cd856168a2d282b57ee203a6a8-22-sleepy-hollow.2x.h143.w215.jpg

[I recall a banner headline in one of Robert Ripley's Believe It Or Not books, published in the late 1920's.  It read:

LINCOLN WAS WRONG!

The President, as quoted from his 1863 Gettysburg Address, said:

"The world will note nor long remember what we say here...."

Notably, his words, on that solemn occasion were long remembered and never forgotten -- 150 years later.

As far as can be determined by psycholinguists, and the like, who engage in analyzing blocking, censorship, disfellowshipping, defiling, destroying, detonating, blotting out, "collapsing comments" -- and not content to simply "ignore" but threaten to do so, and childishly make public pronouncements proclaiming their impotence are, in the word of today's chief executive officer of the United States, "losers," incapable of engaging those they mistakenly believe to be superior to them in some way.

To quote the late, great Jerry Rubin, one of the Chicago Seven conspiracy trial defendants, "The motto of my school was, 'Rise to the Highest.'   I got myself a federal indictment.  How much higher can you go?"  I defy anyone to prove to me they have been X'd out by more than 37 members!

So, numismatically speaking, how does one nip being "ignored" in the bud?  Simple.  You scroll through comments and arbitrarily pick one of the thirty-seven people you know has not ignored you and has demonstrated the mettle needed to engage you with civility and maturity.]  I was accorded the top honor (by those who continue to agonize over a decision which unbeknownst to them continues to give me unfettered access to the best of the best with nary a care in the world on my part) -- and truth be told, they find that intolerable.

Happy collecting, collectors!

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Missing hyphen/closed parenthesis/misspelling/ word change

On 9/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, gmarguli said:

You can take TruthTeller (Dave Baptista) off your ignore list. He won't be coming back. He died around 12/2017.

Dave was the first person to call me a nazi..:roflmao:

But that was TRUTH and he really wasn't a bad guy.. He always meant well and I did have fun going round and round with him..

Truth could troll you but he was a good guy who when you talk straight up he was cool..

Dena had to deal with him a bit..

truthteller

• Member: Seasoned Veteran
  •  
  • 9,886 posts

March 24th, 2004

Yeah, I see he posts here, although his posts are disingenuous. Just look at the signature line:

"This is my Forum of choice (when PCGS is down)."

TRUTH

He was my friend and had an unparalleled sense of humor.

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

truthteller

• Member: Seasoned Veteran
  •  
  • 9,886 posts

March 24th, 2004

Yeah, I see he posts here, although his posts are disingenuous. Just look at the signature line:

"This is my Forum of choice (when PCGS is down)."

TRUTH

He was my friend and had an unparalleled sense of humor.

I knew Dave. He was extremely knowledgeable. And he was generally soft-spoken, as well as interesting to talk to and a genuine, straight shooter.

Edited by MarkFeld

1 hour ago, MarkFeld said:

But that amounts to talking I’ll, just not in specifics.

hm Interesting point of view.

See, I thought that posting that he was an untrustworthy, lying, two-faced backstabber who relentlessly attacked people in the forums for the same things he did would have been talking. That's why I didn't post that. :angel:

On 9/22/2020 at 10:40 AM, VKurtB said:

As much as I like the security of Registered Mail, the 7-10 days it can take to get to me is really annoying. I wish that NGC would use First class mail with private insurance for the lower value shipments. Given the volume that NGC ships and the extremely low rate of lost packages, they could significantly reduce shipping costs to the customers (and probably make more money for themselves) as well as get the coins back faster to the submitters. It's a win-win for everyone involved. 

On 9/22/2020 at 11:02 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

Once it's in the system I 100% agree.  I've had a submittal at PCGS stuck in encapsulation for 12 days now.  

I'm in the middle of week 4 for one of my invoices. Scary thing is it was Regular Tier. I'm in week 2 for several other invoices and they were Economy Tier. I'm fearful those will take another month or more.

1 hour ago, gmarguli said:

hm Interesting point of view.

See, I thought that posting that he was an untrustworthy, lying, two-faced backstabber who relentlessly attacked people in the forums for the same things he did would have been talking. That's why I didn't post that. :angel:

Very strange.  I just browsed through the 2004 threads I saved and cannot find where the two of you exchange words let alone arguments.  I'll keep looking because I'm quite sure you wouldn't say that which is not the TRUTH (RIP).

:baiting:

Edited by Alex in PA.

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Very strange.  I just browsed through the 2004 threads I saved and cannot find where the two of you exchange words let alone arguments.  I'll keep looking because I'm quite sure you wouldn't say that which is not the TRUTH (RIP).

Maybe it was done in person at a show?

3 hours ago, gmarguli said:

As much as I like the security of Registered Mail, the 7-10 days it can take to get to me is really annoying. I wish that NGC would use First class mail with private insurance for the lower value shipments. Given the volume that NGC ships and the extremely low rate of lost packages, they could significantly reduce shipping costs to the customers (and probably make more money for themselves) as well as get the coins back faster to the submitters. It's a win-win for everyone involved. 

perhaps it would cost more to be using two different mailing types, even if by the same "company"?

58 minutes ago, brg5658 said:

The posts in another recent thread have really brought the trolls to the surface.  I added 4 new members to my ignore list this week. 

(shrug)

I added one today but I don't recall who it was or on what forum.  I guess that's why he/she won't be missed.

3 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Your collective losses.

The population of the U.S.  is 3.3 million; that of the world: 7.7 billion.

I have not, and will not, ever block anyone.

The population of the US is 330 million...

:idea:

1 hour ago, brg5658 said:

The population of the US is 330 million...

:idea:

Your collective losses are exponentially higher!

Sorry, I am not a doctor.

I cannot help you.

Parting shot:  "A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies."  😉

12 hours ago, brg5658 said:

The posts in another recent thread have really brought the trolls to the surface.  I added 4 new members to my ignore list this week. 

(shrug)

`still waiting for that inventory komrad :roflmao:

On 9/23/2020 at 4:55 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Can you still check the old Water cooler ... That's where the flames were thrown

FANTASTIC NEWS!  I finally RECOGNIZED, relented, and accepted the homeless, alcoholic quadriplegic in a wheelchair permanently ensconced at my local subway stop for what he is and will always be and gave him all the change I had. I even went so far --

-- what's that?  Wrong thread?  Oh. Okay.  How about I ignored every one of the thousands of people I rode with on the buses and subways today?

What?  No accolades?  Lovely thread. Very positive...

This thread has me wondering / trying to remember how many people I'll ticked off and how many pairs of eyes I've made roll back into heads (and how often). It's a funny thing to consider. Especially considering I was a lot more abrasive in my early and mid-20s than I am now, but I think I'm probably still pretty abrasive in my mid-30s. lol Oh well.