• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 Emergency Silver Eagles No Mint Stamo

6 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I hope this is the correct forum to post. I have the option of buying several of the 2020 Silver Dollar Emergency Issue with no mint stamp. They are not certified and come in tubes of 20. I've read on a few website that the NGC will not certify these unless they come in the original 500ct monster box from the mint.I wont't have that.  I've also talked to to a local coin shop (where I'm not buying the coins) and they tell me NGC will absolutely certify these coins and not to believe what I read online. I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone shed some light on this topic for me or direct me to the right place for a reliable answer. Thank you in advance. 

Read Here: https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8289/bullion-eagles-philadelphia-emergency-production/ 

NGC will certify the ASE's but will not give them the "Emergency Production" designation unless received in the original, sealed monster box with corresponding tracking #'s.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

I’m curious about this myself. I am starting to get silver and gold coins for investment diversification. 

1. how/where do I purchase the monster box?

2. In your opinion would it be wise to buy a monster box and have them certified? Would this potentially have future value worth the time/effort/investment over the non emergency?

I don't think you can purchase a monster box direct from the mint unless you are an authorized dealer. Which means you'll have to purchase it through a third party at a higher cost. Search the web, type in 2020 ASE Monster Box, something will pop up.

If it was me No. The ship has kind of sailed on these, if you didn't get in right away it's probably hard to turn a profit. If you can't make money selling them for $155 a piece (which is what they are selling for now, graded (price is falling)) then I would not have them certified. The mint made and probably still is making a lot of these, I doubt they will increase much in value beyond their silver content. Just me.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
(sell price)

10 hours ago, Woods020 said:

1. how/where do I purchase the monster box?

If you mean a Monster box of the "emergency" coins, you don't.  As Fentucky Mike said that ship has sailed.  There weren't that many boxes made and they are most likely all gone now, either sent in and certified or opened and sold off.  And if you could find an unopened box it would probably cost you a small fortune, then you would have to pay to have all 500 coins certified, and if Mike is right about the current prices you will make very little after you sell them off.

If the question is simply where to you buy a monster box, then the answer is from one of the Mints Authorized Distributors.  They pay the Mint spot +$2 an ounce, you could probably buy a box from them at spot +$4 or at current spot $15,320.  (If you could find an emergency issue box you would probably have to double, maybe triple that, and then add another $8,000 for certification)