• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Research Poll for US, World, Ancient posters
1 1

45 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

You’ve never typed truer words, sir.

I believe the pi-guy has mistaken me, for you.  You have never ceased collecting and the depth and breadth of your numismatic knowledge and experience exceeds mine by light years.  You know what you're talking about.  And so does he.

10 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I've been waiting for specific examples of things to respond "YES" to. Am I doing it wrong? YES, this place needs specialties, lots of them, and it needs a more straight-forward access point from the Home screen, not two levels deep.

Oh, and it needs to be as little like CoinTalk as it can possibly get. And I must advise @physics-fan3.14 that @Insider is on written record here indirectly berating the way CoinTalk conducts its "moderation", which is actually a liguistic bastardization of the term. There is not even anything remotely "moderate" about it. Their "moderation" (as if..) is inconsistently applied, personally vindictive, highly ideological, and truly moronic.

Herewith, the previous quote from @Insider:

"Volunteer Moderators defined: Weak-bellied, snowflake, do-good control freaks who have nothing better to do than "report" things that may offend 1% of the other members.  I call them Mrs. Gruno's.  She was the nosy, no life, old witch on our block reporting anything to our parents."

I would like to positively associate  myself with the above remarks, @physics-fan3.14.

Well another misguided forum member who misrepresents my comments.  Fortunately, this member at least quoted me directly. Unfortunately, he neglected to say that my statement is directed to all the self-righteous, depends-wearing, busy-body, wish-to-be important, ignorant, do-nothings that feel it is their duty to police the forums for content and report anything that may offend the other .0002% of the normal members.  The moderators on CT are some of the BEST in the business.  So far, it appears that the moderators on this site are at least as good or better.   

BTW, if you were banned from CT, I consider it to be a blessing for the CT members!  Just my humble opinion. 

Edited by Insider

39 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I believe the pi-guy has mistaken me, for you.  You have never ceased collecting and the depth and breadth of your numismatic knowledge and experience exceeds mine by light years.  You know what you're talking about.  And so does he.

No, pi-guy, as you call him, knows precisely who he is targeting, and why. I have in the past taken “pot shots” at self-important book authors who are merely self-published vanity house authors, and I guess he took offense. Oh well. You are as qualified, despite having stepped away for awhile, to self-publish anything you like as much as any other vanity house author. I don’t write much, but at least my articles get past actual editors, who do editing for a living. We do need another numismatic publishing house to give Whitman some competition, however. ‘Nuff said on that topic.

Edited by VKurtB

8 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

...it became obvious that if you were not a PCGS and CAC lover you were in for a tough ride...

If you post a nice, high resolution picture of a coin ATS, the 1st ten comments are about plastic & stickers.

It got on my last nerve.

BTW....Yes :shy:

Edited by Cat Bath

15 hours ago, Zebo said:

Not on subject, but I started to look at your custom sets and am enjoying them very much. A lot of work involved - nice job.

Thank you, it means a lot to me that others, such as yourself, have enjoyed them. I had a blast discovering all of that history, and I couldn’t think of a more meaningful numismatic goal than sharing it with my fellow collectors.

On September 5, 2020 at 10:30 AM, Insider said:

At this time, there are several more active numismatic chat forums.  I am on a mission to revive the NGC forum rather than start a new one.  The way each different website is set up and works has pluses and minuses.  Building one of these sites is expensive but there should be no reason for a major TPGS not to want to have the best program that includes ALL THE PLUSES from the other chat rooms.  For example, combining three classes of coins into one forum HERE was done for a reason that anyone with a brain can figure out.  However, doing this is a minus IMO.   

So this is a research poll.  The mods know the numbers already but let's find out what they are. 

If you post on this forum, please reply YES and anything you wish to add.  I will be shocked if there are more than twenty replies to this poll SO SHOCK ME!  

So I'll give the Mayor Daley response (vote early and vote often) so I'll answer yes (again).

sound familiar?