• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 D doubled ear??
1 1

11 posts in this topic

With the 2020's just now being attributed I dare to say it is not a doubled ear but rather a void in the strike like with too much grease. But at $4 to send it in, I'd send it in. Or you could ask @DWLange at the ask NGC/NCS forum what he thinks. He's super knowledgable about errors. And then there is always the option to email Wiles at Varietyvista.com He's pretty good at returning emails. Regardless, you should hold onto to it until you get a more certain answer.

1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Well, the ear itself was vintage 1809.

That's not what I meant Kurt. I thought maybe you had heard of it being found on the 2020's. I haven't been keeping up with the Shield Cent errors. 

1 hour ago, KarenHolcomb said:

That's not what I meant Kurt. I thought maybe you had heard of it being found on the 2020's. I haven't been keeping up with the Shield Cent errors. 

And predictably enough, neither have I. 

@ChWitt just a minute ago I saw a post about a 2020 Double Ear on Jow Cronin's FB Group. Guy just found it today so if you didn't already send this one in, you better do it soon so you can get the Attribution.