• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This forum needs some humor TOO!
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Q. How can you tell a blonde is not a Broncos fan?
A. She thinks a quarterback is change for a buck.

In Vegas, a blonde walks up to a Coke machine and puts in a coin.

Out pops a Coke. The blonde looks amazed and runs away to get some more coins.

She returns and starts feeding the machine madly, and of course the machine keeps popping out the drinks.

Another person walks up behind the blonde and watches her antics for a few minutes before stopping her and asking if someone else could have a go.

The blonde spins around and shouts in her face: "Can't you see I'm winning?"

25 minutes ago, RWB said:

To keep it coin related:

"What's the most laughable US commemorative coin design?"

I vaguely remember the negative press received on the Girl Scouts coin of a few years back.  The only correct response, regardless of personal preference, is any coin which failed to sell a fraction of its maximum authorized mintage as dictated by common demand.  Like most collectors, I prefer the more classic, symbolic representations on coins. That footprint on the moon just doesn't cut it for me.

On 8/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

The only correct response, regardless of personal preference, is any coin which failed to sell a fraction of its maximum authorized mintage as dictated by common demand

That would be just about all of them.

Another blonde joke. (Why are their so many out there?)

Two blondes at the river, one on each side.

First blonde yells to second blonde "How do you get to the other side?"

Second blonde pauses for a moment and then yells across "I thought you were on the other side"

On 8/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

I vaguely remember the negative press received on the Girl Scouts coin of a few years back.  The only correct response, regardless of personal preference, is any coin which failed to sell a fraction of its maximum authorized mintage as dictated by common demand.  Like most collectors, I prefer the more classic, symbolic representations on coins. That footprint on the moon just doesn't cut it for me.

To me, the “best” ones are the ones that sell extremely poorly, and the “worst” ones are the ones that sell gazillions.

Heard on the radio this morning. 

A lady comes home to see her husband waving a newspaper around.  "What are you doing she asks?"  "I'm swatting three male flies and two female flies" he replied.  "How do you know their sex?"   "Easy" he said.  "The three male flies are on my beer can while the female flies are on the telephone."  

On 8/26/2020 at 11:26 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

Okay, so what is the most laughable U.S. commemorative coin design, and why?

To me, the most laughable U.S. commemorative coin design is from 1935. The Old Spanish Trail dollar, a key coin to the classic set. Why? Check out why there is a head of a steer on one side.

6 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

To me, the most laughable U.S. commemorative coin design is from 1935. The Old Spanish Trail dollar, a key coin to the classic set. Why? Check out why there is a head of a steer on one side.

Yeah, the one graded AU-58 by ICG, with the notation "cleaned, laminated" and an asking price of $999 on eBay. Who can account for taste?

45 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

That's not laughable!  It will only be laughable (to some people) if some ignorant collector pays $999 for an AU, cleaned Spanish trail with a lamination.

A little known fact about jgrinz is that, early in life, he worked as a quality control agent for a factory that made M&Ms . They had to let him go, though. He kept throwing away the "W"s.

plain-m&ms.jpg

How 'bout these priceless words of wisdom:

"Embrace the changes, don't fight them," mutters our own irascible VKurtB as he takes a heel of his jackboot to an inert slab on a convention floor somewhere.  😀

1 hour ago, Just Bob said:

A little known fact about jgrinz is that, early in life, he worked as a quality control agent for a factory that made M&Ms . They had to let him go, though. He kept throwing away the "W"s.

plain-m&ms.jpg

I'd heard it was in a Russian factory and he was tossing everything with the letters " Ш " or " Щ ".

This is sure to humor or offend someone...

My nomination for the most (you can fill in the blank) is:

Apollo 11 50 Anniversary,  2019-S  50C,  First Day of Issue,  PF-70. Ultra Cameo

What are the odds a Weinman or Gobrecht or Barber or MacNeil or St. Gauden or Longacre or Roberts would stoop so low as to produce an inartistic atrocity like a bootprint to commemorate an historic event?