• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some interesting food for thought

11 posts in this topic

Hazy bologna. Like much of this stuff, I ask the authenticating company to provide hard facts not a spew of meaningless opinion.

PS: If this were "food for thought" one would starve.

Edited by RWB

It appears that the authenticating company does not realize that all pre-production experimentation, testing, "prototyping" and related work is done at the Philadelphia Mint. There is no need for mintmarked dies.

To validate the "authentication company's" assessment, very strong evidence is REQUIRED.

Another laughable marketing ploy, which wouldn't be so hilarious if not for the fact that somebody will fall for this nonsense, and pony up big bucks.

Well, at least they're the "finest known" according to PCGS, so that means they must be something extra double-special, right??

Wait did that come from the Anniversary set?  First Strike? First Day of Issue? Moy? Mint director Label? Can i get that in an IKE label? I need to line up for that, where does it start?

The great Karnac the Mudnificent holds the envelope to his Onyx orb and behold out of the envelope falls two shiny coins! A new discovery!' he shouts.

Sometimes I wonder if in a generation or so we will be looking at claims like this the same way we now view some of Walter Breen's claims. Why do I hear "Entry of the Gladiator"?

5 hours ago, RWB said:

It appears that the authenticating company does not realize that all pre-production experimentation, testing, "prototyping" and related work is done at the Philadelphia Mint. There is no need for mintmarked dies.

To validate the "authentication company's" assessment, very strong evidence is REQUIRED.

Maybe they were prototyping the mint mark. :roflmao:

For some reason this reminds me of something but I'm not going down that rathole again.

2 hours ago, kbbpll said:

Maybe they were prototyping the mint mark. :roflmao:

For some reason this reminds me of something but I'm not going down that rathole again.

Yes, it does sound something like last year's rats and rat hole - and the timing is similar: ANA Show Time.