• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Air Pocket in NGC Case?

4 posts in this topic

I have what I believe to be an air pocket in an NGC case.  It left NGC like this as the photo from NGC shows the pocket perfectly.

Is this normal and will it impact how well the coin holds up condition-wise in the future?

Thank you.

Inked3831293_Full_Rev_LI.thumb.jpg.ac85b61f88e039207dfc94b05a1789c3.jpg

Edited by taterchipcfe
Fix something I didn't mean to have in the post

• Administrator

Dear taterchipcfe,

Thank you.  What you are seeing is a contact mark.  This happens when the white insert is touching the plastic encapsulation.  If you press on that spot it will spread out and get smaller.  Sometimes, if you do that enough the spot will disappear.   If not, you could send it in for a reholder.

Thank you,

Lisa

• Administrator

Hi,

This is something that would not be covered under our guarantee.  The cost to re-holder would be $12 per coin plus return shipping and insurance as long as the coins are valued $10,000 or less per coin.  In order to submit this yourself, you would need to become a paid member or you could have an authorized NGC Dealer submit this for you.

Thank you,

Lisa