• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mated Morgan dollar
1 1

18 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, RWB said:

PS -- When Morgan dollars mate in the wild, they produce little silver half dimes..... really....

Obviously none of them ever mated then because I've nevers seen any half dimes after 1873.  You sure it wasn't the seated dollars that mated?

Parthenogenesis.

However, all the little half-dimes were sterile due to the design change in 1878 and died out. That's why there are none dated past 1873, and they are not found in bags of Morgan dollars.

22 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

How did the person who sold you this mutation describe it to you, and, what made you acquire it?

I've only been on this forum for a week, and seems to me Ratzie33 isn't acquiring all these fakes but making them. Probably using this forum as a test run before putting it on Ebay

1 hour ago, DonaldM said:

I've only been on this forum for a week, and seems to me Ratzie33 isn't acquiring all these fakes but making them. Probably using this forum as a test run before putting it on Ebay

What facts would you cite in support of your horrible allegation --

On second thought, I wouldn't put it past him. I noticed Just Bob asked him a simple, non-incriminatory question on another thread, and he never responded. Now who would not extend Just Bob, with 5,000+ posts to his credit, the courtesy of a reply?

13 hours ago, DonaldM said:

That's one reason I stopped providing any information, that and the desire not to encourage more threads that go nowhere.

Attn:  Ratzie33 

Quality-control check.

As the registered absentee owner of this posting, I assume you check this thread occasionally.

Enquiring minds would like to know what you have to say about the comments which have been prompted by your query so far.

Thank you for your time and prompt attention to this matter.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, DonaldM said:

You sir, are wise beyond your tenure here. The real knee-slapper is that this one is a purported 1893-S Morgan. Please. 

Edited by VKurtB