1964 nickel
2 2

8 posts in this topic

235 posts

I found this 1964 nickel 

Looks different  than the the other 1964s I have. Is is there any value  in the nickel.....

20200805_101026.jpg

20200805_101227.jpg

1,929 posts

Different how? “Different” is way overrated.

1,940 posts

Is is there any value  in the nickel.....

Yes, taking its condition into consideration, it would be worth 5 cents.

401 posts

Poor fella looks pretty beat up to me.  You know there ought to be a law that says after so many years a coin must be 'retired'.

Retire was a term used by bounty hunters and Blade Runners as an alternative to the term "assassinate" or "kill" in regards to replicants. To "retire" replicants is another form of saying to "kill" replicants.[1]

1,929 posts
15 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Poor fella looks pretty beat up to me.  You know there ought to be a law that says after so many years a coin must be 'retired'.

Retire was a term used by bounty hunters and Blade Runners as an alternative to the term "assassinate" or "kill" in regards to replicants. To "retire" replicants is another form of saying to "kill" replicants.[1]

And in the movie Logan's Run, they used the euphemism "renew". "Renew" my backside. Kill.

2,012 posts

I don't see anything different just a beat up nickel, perhaps the op can elaborate as to what is different about it.

235 posts

I really dont know It just stands out beside the other nicke look a I have the lettering just alot more bold on it I guess make slight doubling  on the 6.....